Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-21-2008

Germany

3 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 1 of 2

Switchable Graphics not working anymore

2008-11-21, 22:14 PM

Hi,

i own a Thinkpad T500 (2055-2PG) and since last week the switchable graphics feature doesnt work anymore. Some days before, i bought a new external monitor connected via VGA. This worked perfect with the ATI driver.

3 days later during work (ati graphics activated), the screen went black and the system rebooted. The CPU load was at about 40-50% after reboot caused by the process ati2evxx.exe constantly starting and stopping. As a consequence in uninstalled the ATI driver and reinstalled it. Installation finished with a warning that the display driver could not be installed. Of course it is not possible to switch between the graphics cards anymore. In Vista's device manager there is now only one "Standard-VGA-graphicscard", which is the Intel Integrated Graphics as it was possible to install Intel drivers for it.

It seems that Vista is not able to detect the Radeon anymore. Restoring the system to default settings via Lenovo Backup Manager didnt improve the situation.

Thank you very much for any help.

Options

23 Posts

08-21-2008

Germany

52 Signins

332 Page Views

• Views: 332
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Switchable Graphics not working anymore

2008-11-22, 1:06 AM

Hi Tommy,

sound like a hardware problem. The graphic card (the 3d-chip) might be broken.

You should call the warranty hotline for repairs...

Cya

Omar

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms