Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

04-13-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 8

T14 display tint/yellow hue

2021-04-13, 22:40 PM

Hi All,

I've now been supplied 2 ThinkPads from my employer and both are displaying an awful yellow color instead of white on the display.

I managed to get Vantage installed but eye care mode just redirects me to the windows night mode which does not resolve the issue.

There's no colour adjustment anywhere.

Can any one advise me how to resolve this issue and get the screen displaying colours correctly?

Thanks,

Daniel

Options

3667 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

790 Signins

19012 Page Views

• Views: 19012
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:T14 display tint/yellow hue

2021-04-14, 8:20 AM

Hello danielz000!

Welcome to community forums

Can you send us a picture of the screen so we'll have an idea? Can you try booting to BIOS to check if the problem with the screen persists? Here is how: https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/solutions/ht500222-recommended-ways-to-enter-bios-boot-menu-thinkpad-thinkcentre-thinkstation

Let us know.

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

4 Posts

04-13-2021

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2021-04-14, 12:56 PM

Thanks for your response...

Below is a picture (it's worse in person) of the original ThinkPad I received (left) and the 2nd upgraded ThinkPad (right) that I received from my company (about 6 months ago).

The third 3rd ThinkPad (which I just received and am using now) has exactly the same yellow tint to the display. There seems to be a lot of posts online related to this, starting from the end of 2019... I got my original laptop before this date, and the two replacements after this date...

This makes the laptop quite unsuitable for web design but even for regular use I find the hue hard on my eyes when trying to read.

I tried entering the BIOS, it looked to have the same tint on it but that's fairly circumstantial as I don't know if the BIOS was attempting to show white or an off white colour... I also have nothing to compare it with...

Vantage says my laptop has no updates due... Lenovo system update says the same....

Last point to make is that the external monitor that is plugged in to the laptop does not suffer the problem....

Options

3667 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

790 Signins

19012 Page Views

• Views: 19012
  • Message 4 of 8

2021-04-14, 16:22 PM

I see. If the issue is still present in the BIOS, I would suggest contacting support for further assistance.

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

4 Posts

04-13-2021

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2021-04-14, 16:41 PM

I don't know if it is present in the BIOS as I don't have a matching BIOS to compare it to and as explained, I don't know what colours the BIOS is trying to show me.

Assuming this isn't present in the BIOS can you tell me what you would suggest?

Additionally, if you search for "lenovo yellow display" or similar, there are dozens and dozens of similar threads, and I've experienced this on two laptops now... Surely someone at Lenovo must know if this is a hardware/software/firmware issue? Are you in a position to investigate or tell me how I could contact someone that could?

Thanks,

Daniel

Options

306 Posts

09-04-2019

United States of America

208 Signins

3253 Page Views

• Views: 3253
  • Message 6 of 8

2021-04-15, 7:01 AM

Lets call a spade a spade and not say yellow tint has anything to do with the BIOS. Its a screen hardware issue or video card issue in which case likely a motherboard issue if using integrated graphics. Try updating the graphics drivers. If that doesn't work then its hardware IMO.

Options

1 Posts

04-16-2021

Belgium

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 7 of 8

T14 display tint/yellow hue

2021-04-16, 10:01 AM
Hi Daniel, I have the same issue in T14 received last week from my organization. Updating drivers did not helped. Open "Intel Graphics Command Center" from Start menu, then Display>Color> Click "+ Custom" to add a new profile, there are many options to play with. I used "Brightness Enhancement" . Slide "all color" to RGB, then change colors as you wish. I have tried R40, G16, B46 for reduce the yellow tint. It is not perfect since i am not an expert in calibrating a display. I hope this will help for the time being till we get a response/update form Lenovo. Thanks, Athul
Options

4 Posts

04-13-2021

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2021-04-16, 13:14 PM

Thanks for your advice Athul,

I've adjust and got slightly better whites now but at the cost of my green and blues which are now awful. 

I guess this is a hardware problem

Odd that so many people would get this on their devices though.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms