Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

16 Posts

04-02-2014

United States of America

13 Signins

77 Page Views

• Views: 77
  • Message 1 of 6

T15G cannot install 32 bit Office 365

2021-05-20, 13:43 PM

This problem began last week and I have found no solution at Microsoft. Normal procedure is to clean off the copy of Office (64 bit) that comes with the system then download the local install of Office 365 32 bit.   The install quietly stalls. Much later we get an error message (0-1007). Since the PC is new and not in production we have reimaged it using our freshly made recovery drive and repeated the process with the same results. We have added Revo to clean up additional files that may have been left behind by the uninstall. This is costing a lot of time and I can now say two other Lenovo models are affected by this problem.

Warren

ThinkPad T15G Gen1

Options

4723 Posts

08-02-2018

Philippines

862 Signins

24256 Page Views

• Views: 24256
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:T15G cannot install 32 bit Office 365

2021-05-20, 14:43 PM

Hi warrend14!

Greetings

Have you tried turning off your Anti Virus Software or the firewall? Make sure the internet connection is stable.

Try running the System File Checker to check for corrupted system files. Open command prompt (CMD) in admin mode and Run the command by typing
SFC /SCANNOW and hit Enter.

Update us on how it goes.

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

16 Posts

04-02-2014

United States of America

13 Signins

77 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-05-20, 14:51 PM

Jwes_Lenovo,

We did run SFC /scannow before the install attempt and we disabled A/V. I've come to the habit of running SFC before I make the recovery drive or performing any major install. It's a good habit. Sorry I left that out but I was writing out of frustration. I've re-imaged the machine three times already because I'm ready to chalk this up to a corrupt setting or file somewhere rather than a human error. 

W

Options

16 Posts

04-02-2014

United States of America

13 Signins

77 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-05-20, 15:22 PM
We also used the Office cleanup tool from Microsoft. We got to the point of wiping and starting over when none of the cleanup tools provided any measurable results.
Options

4723 Posts

08-02-2018

Philippines

862 Signins

24256 Page Views

• Views: 24256
  • Message 5 of 6

2021-05-20, 21:04 PM

Have you tried installing the MS Office with the preloaded image? Or tried the TS steps provided by Microsoft under the original OS that came along with the computer?

Could you also provide all the steps you've taken so far including the steps Microsoft provided to you?

Let us know.

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

16 Posts

04-02-2014

United States of America

13 Signins

77 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-05-20, 21:38 PM

We have not tried to install the pre loaded Office. The pre loaded Office is 64 bit and incompatible with some other software we use. I do think we downloaded 64 bit as a test and it worked. I have to refer back to the associate who did it when he calms down. He was in a pretty bad way when he described that success to me. We also got a "retail" version of the 32 bit to load. That version is not practical as it doesn't include Teams and few other things important here. 

We wipe PCs using the recovery drive we create for every individual PC. We go through the Windows Recovery path where we start in the BIOS forcing USB drives to be first boot devices. At that point we boot to the jump drive and watch it go! When it restarts we pull the drive and let it load the o/s. Once the o/s running we run updates. This has changed as we don't feel updates are necessary right now. So now we skip updates and uninstall Office. We delete any Office folders and files we find under \Program Files. We may or may not disable Windows security/firewall. Some Microsoft sites suggest it. Adding the PC to a domain was part of our scheme as well as a couple user and folder security tricks. That has been eliminated as we just want the software to install before we do any time consuming security tricks. We run SFC /SCANNOW in command line run as administrator.  Next we go to online to Microsoft 365 and visit our Office account. We take turns doing it with Edge and Chrome. When we intend to use Edge we don't bother installing Chrome. From our functioning Microsoft accounts we carefully select Office 365 32-bit (because 64 bit is useless for us). There is a download that we must execute. We take turns executing it from the little dropdown screen or visiting the folder and selecting run as Administrator. The installation craps out within two minutes. The error message takes at least another 15-20 minutes to appear. Before last Friday I had done this successfully a lot.

Warren

T15g

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms