Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

14 Posts

02-11-2010

United States of America

14 Signins

149 Page Views

• Views: 149
  • Message 1 of 2

T400 HDD busy with writting readyboost.sfcache

2010-03-11, 10:24 AM

Hi,

This problem has been troubling me for quite a while now.

I have a T400 which has a 2G turbo memory. The rather annoying problem is that the HDD will be busy for ~5 minutes everytime windows starts up. I am sure this is a turbo cache thing, because readyboost.sfcache is what's being written during this time. This can't be normal, as readyboost aims to boost startup time??

OS: Windows 7 64-bit, with everything up-to-date: windows update + thinkvantage update.

Thanks.

Options

49 Posts

01-29-2010

CA, US

214 Signins

1824 Page Views

• Views: 1824
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: T400 HDD busy with writting readyboost.sfcache

2010-03-12, 1:53 AM

Well ready boost suppose to cache not only the boot up sequence but also stuff that you usually use a lot. So what you are seeing is possibly that after boot caching.

You could be also seeing super fetch, which load your often used data into memory (instead of flash media like ready boost).

I honestly did not see any notice improvement with readyboost so I stopped using it. As for superfect, it is only useful if you have a lot more memory than your standard usage load (like 2x). Otherwise it would be constantly caching, uncaching, very annoying.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)