09-11-2008

United States

2 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 1 of 2

T400 LED screen quality

2008-09-11, 16:28 PM

Hi, I just purchased a lenovo T400 and over build quality I am quite happy with as a first time thinkpad user.

The only problem I have with the T400 is the LED screen being very bad quality.

The viewing angle is terrible and the colors are very bad.

I began researching if this was a general problem but it seems like lenovo has two different panels for the LED version.

Apparently the LG panel looks great but the Samsung panel does not look good at all.

I got a laptop with the Samsung panel. The viewing angle is so bad the screen looks different from top to bottom without moving my head at all. Becuase of this change and due to my sensitivity, it feels like i'm getting car or sea sick looking at the screen.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

I'd like an actual service tech to reply if possible. I'm not sure if even the LG would be right for me and I may have to return the laptop but at least if I take a look there is actually a chance I wont return it. I really like the laptop overall except for the screen which looks like it came from the 90s.

There is a posting on notebookreview about this issue: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=295694

I really hope this gets resolved and lenovo will take screen quality more seriously since professionals do work long hours on these laptops.

Regards,

Brian

Options

3290 Posts

02-17-2008

Australia

1962 Signins

50408 Page Views

• Views: 50408
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: T400 LED screen quality

2008-09-11, 17:05 PM
if you think there is an hardware or quality issue with your laptop, then you should call Lenovo service ASAP and ask them to assist with this matter, please do remember to explain your sensitivity and your dizziness from looking at it.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete