Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

05-26-2008

Belgium

41 Signins

214 Page Views

• Views: 214
  • Message 1 of 6

T400 Unknown device on fresh install WinXP SP2

2008-10-20, 15:44 PM

Hey all,

I am preparing a new image for my company and I wanted to try out the drivers for our new T400 laptops.

i did this by manually installing Windows XP after formatting the hard drive so that I could get rid of Vista.

After installing Xp and all the needed drivers,I still have 1 unknown device in the device manager,with as details ACPI\INTC0102\1

I have already checked the forum found references to other T400 and X200 users that had the same issue,but none of them had a solution posted.

I have already downloaded the Power Manager Driver and Power Manager software again,but I keep having this one unknown device.I also called Lenovo support but they could not help me further.

Has anybody an idea what to do in this case,since this anomaly affects the standyby,hibernation and shutdown of this laptop.

Answer
Options

3 Posts

10-22-2008

Mesa, AZ

6 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27

Re: T400 Unknown device on fresh install WinXP SP2

2008-10-22, 22:31 PM

BVB - OK   I never got a call back from Lenovo, but I used the System update and installed all the recommended updates one by one until the unidentified device went a way.  It turned out to be the TPM driver after all.  I originally included the TPM drivers in the sysprep, but the bare drivers that will be picked up by plug-n-play out of sysprep are burried one directory deeper than I pathed out originally in the sysprep.inf. 

The drivers will extract to ...IntelTPM but you need to point to the files in IntelTPM\TPM for sysprep to pick them up correctly.

Replies(5)
Options

1 Posts

10-21-2008

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 2 of 6

2008-10-21, 7:30 AM

Hello,

I had the same problem.  Mine was caused by the intel turbo memory chip.  Windows xp isn't compatible with it. Here is a tool to take care of the problem if you want the yellow exlamation mark to go away.  If you have the intel turbo memory in the t400 laptop this is what is causing it.  Hope this helps you.  http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-68244&velxr-layout=printLenovo

wmb

Options

10 Posts

05-26-2008

Belgium

41 Signins

214 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2008-10-21, 7:35 AM

I had already found the solution for that issue,but in that case windows refers to the PCI Memory

So,nobody else who has the same issue or a solution?

Options

3 Posts

10-22-2008

Mesa, AZ

6 Signins

27 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2008-10-22, 20:18 PM

BvB - I am having the same problem on a T500 - Unknown device ID ACPI\INTC0102\1

Lenovo supplied us with a Factory XP SP2 image - we can't distribute that - but there aren't any unknown devices in that image.  I tried searching the registry on the factory image for the device ID to see if there might be some reference to the drivers, but I didn't see anything obvious.  Anyone know how I might identify the driver given the device ID on an install that sees the device properly?

I am currently awaiting a call back from one of the senior techs at Lenovo.  Their first and second tier support kept rehashing questions about TPM, Turbo Memory, Chipset and AMT drivers.  I'll post the solution here if I find out anything valuable.  

Answer
Options

3 Posts

10-22-2008

Mesa, AZ

6 Signins

27 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2008-10-22, 22:31 PM

BVB - OK   I never got a call back from Lenovo, but I used the System update and installed all the recommended updates one by one until the unidentified device went a way.  It turned out to be the TPM driver after all.  I originally included the TPM drivers in the sysprep, but the bare drivers that will be picked up by plug-n-play out of sysprep are burried one directory deeper than I pathed out originally in the sysprep.inf. 

The drivers will extract to ...IntelTPM but you need to point to the files in IntelTPM\TPM for sysprep to pick them up correctly.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

10 Posts

05-26-2008

Belgium

41 Signins

214 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2008-10-23, 7:16 AM

Sophist,you have my eternal gratitude,this was indeed the solution.

Which is strange,since I do remember installing the driver on the laptop.

I downloaded it again and used that one,and this works.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms