Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

10-19-2008

United States of America

38 Signins

239 Page Views

• Views: 239
  • Message 1 of 8

T400 or not T400 or terrible customer service from Lenovo

2008-10-19, 18:23 PM

Why doesn't lenovo ever think about consumer?

Why do I have to select E6400 instead of T400 when I really want T400?

Why Lenovo Customer service does not care about customers...

Please read my case on:

http://lenovo.pissedconsumer.com/lenovo-15-restocking-fee-on-wrong-notebook-20081019140035.html

I plan to publish this on PissedConsumer and in 1 week on RipOffReport, ComplaintsBoard and My3Cents.

Options

9380 Posts

11-27-2007

Slovakia

15518 Signins

2040239 Page Views

• Views: 2040239
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: T400 or not T400 or terrible customer service from Lenovo

2008-10-19, 19:09 PM

Asyrov, welcome to the forum,

it is clear that you seem to be unhappy about something regarding an order you placed, what is not clear is what you are unhappy about. You do not state what exactly had changed in the configuration to make you so unhappy, just that you are unhappy about something.

It would be helpfull if you could maybe provide a little more detail and then members will be able to offer advice according to their experiences.

If I understand it all correctly, you ordered a system with shared graphic but have now realised you require discrete graphic?

Thanks in advance

Message Edited by andyP on 10-19-2008 09:23 PM

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Options

7 Posts

10-19-2008

United States of America

38 Signins

239 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2008-10-19, 22:04 PM
I had to place an order for advanced T400 configuration and I was under assumption that I will be able to simply use emailed shopping cart, but as it turned out emailed Lenovo shopping carts can not be ordered.

I had to waste some time and re-configure everything again to place the order. Everything looked fine while I was placing the order, but later on I started looking at the "Order Status" page and I was able to catch the problem even thought everything on order status page is very-very cryptic....

I thought I was ordering LED screen and discrete graphics, but order status page was displaying:

-SBB 14.1 WXGA+ TFT, W/ CAMERA
-SBB INT.GRAPH.MEDIAACCELX4500

So I started checking everything and called Lenovo to clarify ... and they confirmed... it was not  discrete graphics model. Please keep in mind that I have not received/touched product yet. I asked them if we can do something about it as the model they shipping would simply not fit my needs and there is no way in hell I ordered it. I really don't understand how could that happen, because I need to have discrete graphics with dual-link DVI connectivity for my display (that's the reason I ordered Advanced Mini Dock with the computer). I tried to explain my situation, but the guy on the other side of the phone simply said "IT IS NOT MY JOB to make sure our website works as expected" . He (Lenovo)  insisted on 10% restocking fee and did not want to help me with any other way to resolve the problem. I am not sure what to do with this coming notebook now. I still have my old T43 that does the job. I only ordered T400 for LED (Battery Life) and Better video. I think Lenovo is mishandling this case and ignoring consumer needs all together.

I think new Lenovo Thinkpads are not the same great "Thinkpads" we used to buy from IBM. New Thinkpad system problems (widely discussed keyboard issues, screen issues, etc) are only half of the problem, Lenovo will lose all the support base if  they mishandle sales process and consumer needs.

If anyone has  any ideas what can be done, please let me know. I will also try to ask people on notebookreview.com. I wonder if members have ideas or any similar experience with Lenovo.
Options

5884 Posts

11-24-2007

United States of America

12810 Signins

291275 Page Views

• Views: 291275
  • Message 4 of 8

2008-10-20, 12:10 PM

asyrov,

this sounds frustrating, indeed.   are you saying that you started with a discreet configuration and that your order status shows integrated graphics instead?   at the top of this page, you'll notice the titles say which type of graphics chipset is included.   did you start with the one on the far left or one of the others?

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad X1C7

Options

7 Posts

10-19-2008

United States of America

38 Signins

239 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2008-10-20, 13:18 PM

Well, I am pretty sure I selected option with correct video card, but again.... what proofs do I have?

Everythign else seems to be as selected and order does indicate docking port so I am really surprised.

I do not understand why would they deliberately mislead the consumer and disregard customer needs:

- no emails with confirmation of the items ordered

- order status page does not have clear definition of what has been ordered (INT.4500 is not really clear to me)

- no ability to order from emailed cart

Options

5884 Posts

11-24-2007

United States of America

12810 Signins

291275 Page Views

• Views: 291275
  • Message 6 of 8

2008-10-20, 21:03 PM

i went through the system and created four test orders: one with integrated graphics and three with discreet, using all four of the starting points on the T400 page linked above.   the T400 entry page, system components page, and system summary pages of each model list the graphics processor type.   i'd like to hear your input on how this could be made more clear for the consumer so others aren't left feeling mislead as well.

regarding ordering from an "emailed cart", are you referring to a quote?   if so, at the bottom of the quote you should find a link to directlenovo.com/orderstatus containing your quote number and customer ID.   this link will have the option to turn your quote into an order.

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad X1C7

Options

7 Posts

10-19-2008

United States of America

38 Signins

239 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2008-10-20, 21:45 PM

Try to build the system, add it to shopping cart and email it to yourself,

After that try to open that email and order the item from the cart.

I don't think you can even replicate the behaviour of the ordering screens now, because when I was placing the order, website only had 2 models (one with integrated and another one with descreet) and now we see 4 models on that screen.

Is it possible that that something went wrong in ordering system? Someone posted a reply to my original Pissed Consumer post (http://lenovo.pissedconsumer.com/lenovo-15-restocking-fee-on-wrong-notebook-20081019140035.html#comments-section) with a link to DigitalJournal article explaining a problem with Lenovo IT and ordering system...

I mean wouldn't it be much cheaper for Lenovo to simply handle this issue with better faith and customer curtesy?

Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 8 of 8

2008-10-21, 2:04 AM

Asyrov,

Apologies for your frustrating experience.   Occasionally, there are points in time where our site may not work as intended, and that could have been in the case here.  I can assure you that Lenovo has no intentions to mislead it's customers.

I assume you have received the system at this point?   Have you tried to return it for credit so that you can re-order the desired model on the basis of web site error?

Can you send me your order number via private message?  Let's try to work together to resolve your situation....

Mark

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms