usa

3 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 1 of 2

T420s overheating

2012-01-14, 9:02 AM

Hi,

i bought a T420s with an i5-2540 and i buy watches online got problems with the temperature when i play games. For instance when i play Starcraft 2 i always have to turn "Lenovo Turbo Boost+" manually on, otherwise my laptop would overheat after some time and just shutdown. Why is the power Manager not reacting to the high temperature itself?? Also i sometimes have random music lags (only music from a internet stream, and no, my internet connection is not responsible) and mouse lags. That said, this only happens when i am connected to my dockingstation (i think). Thanks for the help.

Options

267 Posts

02-04-2008

Canada

536 Signins

14076 Page Views

• Views: 14076
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: T420s overheating

2012-01-15, 22:22 PM

It would help those that read your question to provide more details regarding the specific type of hardware in your machine (RAM, HDD vs SSD, video card - HD3000 or Nvidia, adapter type used 65W v 90W, etc), the software you have running on your machine (power manager version, etc) - otherwise your question remains rather open-ended and invites a number of suggestions/answers that may not reflect the requirements that would properly address your issue.

It's rather strange though, that a smaller machine - the X220 - seemingly has better and more efficient cooling capacity with similar hardware (CPU, etc) than the larger T420s! Leaves one wondering whether the internal cooling mechanism as designed and used in this model is somewhat lacking. From these forums and elsewhere the most common issue users refer to is cooling problems (fan speed, heat issues).

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete