Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

41 Posts

09-12-2012

The Netherlands

42 Signins

232 Page Views

• Views: 232
  • Message 1 of 2

T430: USB device not entering selective suspend

2014-01-21, 13:46 PM

Hello, I own a T430 with windows 8.1 installed, I recently had some troubles with my t430 not going into sleep mode, while looking for a reason for it to stay awake I tried to run powercfg -energy command and got the following output:

USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend
This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state. Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping.
Device Name USB Input Device 
Host Controller ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E2D 
Host Controller Location PCI bus 0, device 26, function 0 
Device ID USB\VID_1BCF&PID_0005 
Port Path 1,2 

This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state. Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping.
Device Name USB Root Hub 
Device ID USB\VID_8086&PID_1E2D 
Port Path  

Device Name Generic USB Hub 
Device ID USB\VID_8087&PID_0024 
Port Path 1 

Device Name ThinkPad Bluetooth 4.0 
Device ID USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21E6 
Port Path 1,4 

Now I wonder how I can fix these errors, does anybody have an idea? I already updated all drivers to the latest versions and did the latest bios update today, FWIW bluetooth should be turned off but shows up as "not entering selective suspend" 

thanks in advance

Options

37 Posts

07-24-2009

Austin

69 Signins

784 Page Views

• Views: 784
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: T430: USB device not entering selective suspend

2014-01-24, 21:29 PM

I think you have two issues: computer does not enter sleep mode and your CPU cannot enter the lowest power states because USB selective suspend is not working. A device issue that prevents USB selective suspend should not prevent sleep mode. Instead, it will only reduce your battery life because your CPU cannot enter the lowest power states.

Sleep mode:

powercfg has other commands that allow you to see what has requested that the computer stay awake (e.g. powercfg -requests). The most common reason for the PC to stay awake is when the computer thinks it is sharing something with another device.

USB Selective Suspend

I have the same problem with my T430s on Windows 8.1. It's either a driver, BIOS, or hardware issue. What I have noticed is that the Bluetooth driver state is messed up during the process of entering or exiting sleep mode. For example, if I turn on my bluetooth radio, restart my computer, and run the energy command, I receive no USB selective suspend error. Then, if I put my computer to sleep, wake it back up, and run the same energy command, I will receive the USB selective suspend error (regardless of how long I wait after exiting sleep). Since I do not use the bluetooth on my laptop that often, I have disabled the feature in the BIOS.

Sleep mode takes longer to enter

In general, I have noticed that in comparison to my laptop when I originally purchased my PC, sleep mode takes much longer to enter. Sleep mode took approximately 2 seconds to enter at first, but now it takes around 5 seconds. I have not added any devices to my computer. My guess is this is related to poor drivers or BIOS changes. I just wish my Thinkpad would maintain the same experience over time.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms