US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

T430 boot issue after Real Time Clock error

2020-02-01, 8:11 AM

Hello All,

I used my T430 to work every day but I stopped using the T430 mid-last December 2019 (did not work during the holidays), When I then first boot it last second week of January 2020, the Real-Time Clock error 0271 came out. I updated the date and time in the BIOS and booted up to windows. The following day, it won't boot anymore. With the power adapter connected, only the power/battery LED light on the LCD cover is lit and when I press the power button, nothing happens. I replaced the BIOS battery (from an old laptop) and it booted again. but the following day again, it won't boot again. So I thought that both batteries are old/dead so I both a new CR2032 battery. After replacing the battery with a new battery, T430 was booting normally for 4 days only and the issue is back. removing the battery and putting it back will boot the T430. I checked the voltage of the battery while it is connected to the mobo using a multimeter and it measures 3V. T430 will boot if I disconnect and reconnect the cmos baterry.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what to check next?

Thanks!

Options

1 Posts

02-01-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:T430 boot issue after Real Time Clock error

2020-09-19, 18:19 PM

the problem went away after a few weeks. then it occurred again last June. Then occurred again this September. I suspected the laptop battery might be causing the RTC/CMOS battery to lose charge. So I disconnected the laptop battery and run the laptop without the battery. So far the issue is gone or maybe it one of those events that goes away by itself. The laptop battery can hold a charge for 3 hours. I tempted to buy a new battery. why you all think? tnx

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete