Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

113 Posts

01-18-2013

USA

303 Signins

2437 Page Views

• Views: 2437
  • Message 11 of 11

Re: System Board Replacement and Decline of Lenovo Support

2013-04-17, 7:22 AM

I think there is a real difference. Maybe I didn't look hard enough but I couldn't find the same combination of durability, power, expandability, security and light weight that the T430s has... not at this price. And I didn't want an ultrabook. HP and Sony have similar offerings for at least several hundred dollars more. Dell's offering was a pound heavier. I think the extended warranties for all of them were much more expensive than Lenovo. And the Thinkpad keyboard beats them all.

If I had to choose an alternative to the Thinkpad, I'd go with the Sony VAIO S 13P because graphics would be the main reason for choosing another brand.

That part about Thinkpad fans is interesting, but I think I know why he said that: The older T420s had some kind of very basic design problem when it came to temperature, and there are huge numbers of posts here on that subject. And Lenovo never really resolved it. I have a friend with a T420s and sometimes the fan will run and run even if the system is idle and the exhaust is cool. So I can see why "fan + Thinkpad" would stick in the technician's mind. OTOH, the T430s seems to be the coolest of the recent 14" Thinkpads; It seems to get the least number of fan-related complaints (the thicker T430 definitely gets more fan noise posts than the T430s).

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)