Options

2 Posts

08-04-2019

FI

5 Signins

62 Page Views

• Views: 62
  • Message 1 of 1

T440p TouchPad: Enabling four finger swipe gesture for Windows 10 Virtual Desktops

2019-08-04, 22:20 PM

Hey,

I felt an urgent need to post about my journey to enable four finger swipe gesture on my T440p ThinkPad. I've recently purchased an used T440p ThinkPad, and I was staggered to find out that I did not have the option to configure or use four finger touch gestures on the touchpad. However, after a couple of hours of reading through these forums, superuser and stackoverflow I found out that I was able to achieve this by simply installing Synaptic TouchPad driver, distributed for T450 ThinkPads.

According to the ThinkPad T440p Drivers & Software page, the latest available Synaptics UltraNav driver for the the touchpad (under the "Mouse, Pen and Keyboard section) is version 19.0.17.140, dated to 14 Dec 2018. Initially, I was rocking this driver, but as mentioned before, was staggered that I was missing one of my favorite touchpad gestures.

I thought, that maybe if I could just find more up to date driver for a ThinkPad model that is similar to T440p. I was lucky to find that the ThinkPad T450 Drivers & Software page had a newer version of the driver. This more up to date driver is dated to 28 Dec 2018 and its version is 19.3.4.219. I downloaded the driver, installed it without any preparation work (I did not uninstall the earlier driver before hand) and it worked after a prompted reboot!

One last note, I was a little let down to find out that I could not reverse the direction of the four finger swipe gesture. However, I was able to find out an solution that involved editing the registry, which solved the "issue".

This is the first time I am posting to these forums, hopefully some of you may find this useful!

~piksu

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete