06-12-2020

US

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 1

T440s BIOS/Drive Issue

2020-06-12, 22:23 PM

My T440s has worked great; i7-4600U, 2.1 Mhz with 12 GB RAM, and a Sandisk 1TB SSD, Win 10 pro with 2004 + rollup from this week.

Today after applying the latest MS rollup for Win10 2004, and rebooted -- I left the laptop on and went to the store for about an hour. 

When I came back, my laptop was off. Upon powering it up I got a screen asking me to use a fingerprint. 

I used it and it indicated that it was valid, but the next screen showed a small graphoc in the left top corner that had a number one (1) above a disk icon and a padlock next to it.

The boot process DID NOT ALLOW TO GO INTO BIOS; it went directly to the two authentication screens.

photos included.

I have removed the drive and plugged it into both a powered USB dock and using a USB3 cable. No dice, it does not show up, although my plugging in a live USB was able to boot both into linux and windows. After removing the drive and disconnecting all power I was able to boot back into BIOS, but am not able to see the drive using any of the common utilities.

I also disconnected the BIOS battery and  the internal battery during this process in order to get back to the BIOS and see if anything wierd has happened. didn't notice anything out of ordinary.

Does anyone know what may have caused this? has anyone encountered this?

Thanks -

note: after upgrading the MS rollup, and rebooting I started the Lenovo Vantage app and checked if anything needed upgrading. It indicated that the intel graphics driver need to upgrade, however the upgrade failed at between 60% and 80% of application and did not complete. I strongly suspect that the drivers which were posted this morning (june 12) may have had something to do with this failure.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete