Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

08-18-2010

UK

17 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 1 of 1

T440s warranty repair is taking ages - consumer rights

2015-01-11, 13:26 PM

Hi,

My 5 months old ThinkPad T440s stopped working in October 2014 (a power failure) I then contacted Lenovo support and agreed for a warranty repair which they said won't take more than 5 business days.

Now, after more than 80 days, the laptop is still in the workshop. Furthermore, they cannot estimate when repair works are going to be completed, as one of the parts which need to be replaced is not manufactured anymore, so they have to find a substitute from another model! This is absolutely mad, as the missing part is LCD screen bezel. Why would you replace a bezel on a laptop with experiences power failures i.e. won't charge and turn on? The support support team cannot answer this question either, and nonetheless they continue to insist that the replacement is necessary.

So I'm writing to ask for a legal advice here. What consumer rights do I have? Can I claim machine replacement or refund in this situation?

Such a long repair of relatively new laptop is causing me severe inconvenience and I'm extremely disappointed with the quality of service I had to receive.

The laptop was bought via Lenovo UK website and the order was fulfilled by DigitalRiver. I've contacted Trading Standards UK recently, but they could not help me as Digital River is a non-UK company.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms