CA

7 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 1 of 2

T450 - Audio Input is gone - Likely due to Windows Update

2020-09-02, 23:09 PM

Hello,

I have a T450 with Win10 Pro installed, currently in 1909 version.

This week, what I believe was a Windows Update broke both webcam image (started freezing, with light flashing) and audio input. Both were working well and stopped working at the same time. I could solve the webcam issue with kp1966's wonderful workaround (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows Media Foundation\\Platform regedit). No such luck for the audio input, however.

Windows recognizes the existence of an audio input hardware (Microphone Array), but it won't recognize any signal/voice. Using a microphone connected in the aux doesn't help either. 

It has the Realtek HD Audio Driver installed. I tried updating the driver (to 6.0.9.x), installing an old driver (6.0.1.x), uninstalling it and using Windows default audio driver, change settings in the Realtek HD Audio Manager, all to no avail. The audio output always works, in opposition to audio input.

I've also tried using Windows restore point, but the process itself has failed (supposedly a broken file).

Would anyone please have any suggestions before I try resetting/reinstalling Windows 10, hoping it works, and then prevent Windows from doing any of those blessed updates?

Thanks

Options

6 Posts

11-21-2018

CA

7 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:T450 - Audio Input is gone - Likely due to Windows Update

2020-09-05, 20:51 PM

For whoever reads this in the future, in the end I did a clean reinstall of Win10. It solved the problem. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete