PH

175 Signins

734 Page Views

• Views: 734
  • Message 1 of 3

T450 snowing pixels on Lcd as well as external monitor

2020-09-14, 7:29 AM

Hi,

Just the other day moving green and rainbow snowy pixels started moving around my screen and also near the mouse. I did an Lcd test for dead pixels and I had none. I connected the T450 to an external monitor and the snow showed up in my fully defect free external monitor. Same snow from my T450 and external monitor. So it is clear to me it is not an Lcd or flex cable issue. All drivers are up to date thru driver booster..... so am not even sure if it's running the right driver but whatever driver it is, it's updated.

Can someone help me out please? I surely hope this is not a hardware issue but whatever it is, please share your thoughts and experiences and let me know please. Thank you in advance. 

Options

1020 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

123 Signins

5676 Page Views

• Views: 5676
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:T450 snowing pixels on Lcd as well as external monitor

2020-09-14, 8:50 AM

Hi Mercury168,

Welcome to the Community Forums

Since you have performed updates to the display drivers, I'd suggest a clean install instead.

Uninstall VGA with drivers and reinstall:

- Press the Windows key + X and select "Device Manager"

- Expand "Display Adapters"

- Right click the AMD, NVIDIA and/or INTEL VGA devices and select "Uninstall"

- If prompted to uninstall drivers associated with the device, tick the box and continue.

- Perform a restart of the laptop. 

- Now download and install the OEM(Original Equipment Manufacturer) drivers for the device from the Support Page 

Just plot in the serial number for your device and hit enter, might have to hit it twice. Then head to Drivers & Software then the Display and Video Graphics section.

If this recently started to happen, check Lenovo Vantage for any System Board Updates (BIOS, Chipset, Serial I.O and Management Engine Interface drivers)

You can find and install the newest drivers from the Lenovo Support Page

Then head to Drivers & Software then the BIOS and Chipset section

**Note: Make sure the AC adapter is connected and that you have at least 30% battery charge when performing this update.

Good luck

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

50 Posts

08-26-2011

PH

175 Signins

734 Page Views

• Views: 734
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:T450 snowing pixels on Lcd as well as external monitor

2020-09-14, 12:15 PM

Voithos Thank you. I deleted the driver and restarted with the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and the issue disappeared completely but i cannot use night light or control the brightness. I tried installing the latest intel adapter from the link you gave, and when i did, the issue again returned so i just deleted that and ran the microsoft adapter. Am sad that i cant use the lenove drivers as I have lost brightness and night light controls. But i think it helps to mention that i have replaced the screen with a 1980 x 1080 display from an X1 as the old 1600x 900? screen died......and after the installation, the brightness in the function keys disappeared and i had to install a 3rd party software to control brightness, which now does not work because i am using a microsoft adapter. any other ideas on this? Or drivers to get the funtion of the brightness keys? Hope to hear from you. Thank you.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete