Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

11-13-2019

United States of America

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 3

T460 Color Accuracy Issue

2019-11-13, 15:45 PM

I have a Lenovo T460 with the Wide Viewing Angle & High Density FlexView Display 1920x1080 through an integrated Intel Graphics 520 card. I am running Windows 7 Pro.  I am having an issue with color accuracy.  I do online development work and see that on every other system I view my work (including client systems) on the blues appear noticeably purplish.  The same color on my Lenovo T460 is a solid blue. 

I have done all the Windows and Lenovo updates.  I have attempted to recalibrate the display with the "Color Management Tool"...I have tried changing the color profiles there (I actually see no effect when I select different profiles...How does one preview the color changes inherent in a profile change??)

I have tried an third-party gamma calibration app.  Nothing is solving the problem.  Any adjustment to RBG  or gamma adversely affecting every other color. 

• Has anyone on else on this forum experienced the same issue?
  • Have you found a solution?
  • Could this be a hardware issue?  (Display works perfectly otherwise.)
  • Do you have any ideas on what else I might try?  
  • Is there sometime of setting I am not considering?

Thanks much,

Beerski

Options

74 Posts

02-04-2013

Czech Republic

254 Signins

1067 Page Views

• Views: 1067
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: T460 Color Accuracy Issue

2019-11-13, 22:02 PM

Hey,

These are equipped with very mediocre IPS screens with 250nits backlit. They are really nothing special in any way, it covers 40 %  of color space of sRGB, provided your uses the same screen (N140HCE-EAA) as in the notebookcheck review. So yeah, considering you are comparing an actual image against some solid screen, the colors at T460 screen would probably be off and washed out in general.

Please note that it is impossible to (remotely) judge your issue without having a sample image. Others might compare it with their devices, if you'd post a photo showing the difference between your T460 and other screen. Please attach the original image so others may view it the source picture on their own screens. :-)

Just my 2 cents!

Options

3 Posts

11-13-2019

United States of America

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 3

T460 Color Accuracy Issue

2019-12-02, 20:48 PM

Hi Skrble,

Thanks for responding to my post.  Sorry it has taken awhile to get back to you.  I have attached two color swatches for you to take a look at.  One is labeled "Lenovo - Blue Blue".  It is pretty much what I see on my Lenovo T460 internal display in Chrome.  The other is labeled "Samsung Ext. & Everyone Else".  This purplish blue hue is the same #5557bb", but is what I see on my Samsung external display...and... what everyone else sees in Chrome.   I don't know how to rectify this situation. I am not sure how to Color Manage the internal display to match the external display.  How do I find out what profile the external display is running?  How do I set my internal display back to the default color profile that shipped with the T460...in case somehow that changed? Your help is greating appreciated!!! Thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms