Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

19 Posts

06-28-2016

Mexico

47 Signins

321 Page Views

• Views: 321
  • Message 1 of 3

T460p Different Bezels depending on screen resolution

2019-02-01, 20:33 PM

I'm wondering if anyone knows the difference in the bezels for the T460p, there's 2, one for FHD and another WQHD.

More than a year ago I installed a Panasonic WQHD to my T460p that came with FHD screen, I noticed that when reassembling the front LCD bezel there's some gap on the bottom left corner just where the eDP cable goes. So, there should be some cutouts on the WQHD bezel cover that allows for a proper fit. Has anyone attempted this upgrade? I'm considering buying the corresponding FRU's over AliExpress to get proper fitting and aesthetics, but maybe I could save some cash by doing some modifications but that is also necessary on the LCD base cover not just the bezel.

FHD parts:
01AV919 N LCDBEZEL,w/Camera,FHD
01AV914 N LCDCover,BLK,plastic,FHD

WQHD
01AV917 N LCDBEZEL,w/Camera,WQHD
01AV913 N LCDCover,BLK,plastic,WQHD

Here's how it looks with the WQHD screen on and off the front bezel:

https://ibb.co/RHWF6M8

https://ibb.co/r3MXwW1

https://ibb.co/fk0Qxtp

Thanks

Answer
Options

12438 Posts

01-02-2010

United States of America

40581 Signins

428499 Page Views

• Views: 428499

Re: T460p Different Bezels depending on screen resolution

2019-02-03, 7:29 AM

I haven't done it so I cannot give you and answer to your question, but I have changed quite a few lids and you should consider getting replacement antenna wires at the same time.  The antennas are attached along the top edge with strong adhesive, and it is hard to reuse them and get them to lie flat.  Also, some of the camera modules are also stuck down and the module is easy to brake, especially the first time you try to do it.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

12438 Posts

01-02-2010

United States of America

40581 Signins

428499 Page Views

• Views: 428499
  • Message 2 of 3

2019-02-03, 7:29 AM

I haven't done it so I cannot give you and answer to your question, but I have changed quite a few lids and you should consider getting replacement antenna wires at the same time.  The antennas are attached along the top edge with strong adhesive, and it is hard to reuse them and get them to lie flat.  Also, some of the camera modules are also stuck down and the module is easy to brake, especially the first time you try to do it.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

19 Posts

06-28-2016

Mexico

47 Signins

321 Page Views

• Views: 321
  • Message 3 of 3

2019-02-05, 22:38 PM

Thanks for your reply richk, sounds like too much hassle and costs in order to just fix the bulge on on the left side of the screen.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms