04-03-2020

PK

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 1

T460s simply won't turn on - tried everything :(

2020-04-03, 12:50 PM

My ThinkPad T460s will not start at all. This problem began with the ThinkPad sometimes not starting when I pressed the button on the first try, then over a few days, it increased to the level that it simply won't start at all, no matter how many times I tap the power button, whether I keep it pressed for 5 seconds (or 30 seconds). This problem did not happen at once. It started slowly and now it refuses to turn on no matter how much times you press the power button.

I have done the following thing to bring it back to life:

• Emercgency reset using a pin or paper clip
  • opening the back lid, taking out both the batteries and then trying to turn it back on by attaching the AC power
  • took out the SSD and the RAM and put them back in

I dont have any extra charger or RAM to test to see if maybe the fault is in those and the markets are closed.

I dont have any warranty, there is no Lenovo shops/center in my country and I bought this machine used, but it didnt have this powering up problem at that time. 

Although pushing the power button does nothing and no lights seem to turn on as well, the Ethernet status lights appear to flash once when it is plugged into the power supply or whenever I tap the power button. This could mean that at least TP isn't dead but it could only be the power button issue? Can that be replaced? Can this be anything else? 

Also, where is the CMOS battery in T460s? I couldnt see it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete