CZ

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 1

T470 power and battery problem

2020-09-01, 17:02 PM

Hi,

I started to experience rather troubling problem with my Thinkpad T470 (20HD000LMC): 

Everytime, when I charge both batteries to full and dishcharge them (well, the first one) , I can't get my laptop charging.

The laptop does not recognize power adaptor. - Not classic, shipped with laptop (45W), nor it can't be charged from docking station.

- Both are fully functional

I've tried several methods to reset the power controller, but every one seem to have the same effect - I can charge laptop to full and on probably 60% of battery I can't charge it anymore and I have to reset it.

Here is few things, that I've tried:

- After first time, when it happened I removed the bottom cover and unplugged battery ( also cmos battery ) and  held power buton for cca 30 sec. - Worked, but untill it discharged again.

- I tried uninnstalling power drivers (both power and battery drivers) and restarting the system afterwards (with disabling internal battery from bios). - Worked

- I figured out, that its working even, when is internal battery disabled from bios - This works everytime.

- I tried updating power drivers - They were the latest version already.

- In one video  on youtube I discovered the "emergency hole" (I should have known it, but I didn't get myself to read the manual). - One short pres, while laptop is shutdown resets internal circuits and same story afterwards.

- I ran battery test from lenovo diagnostics utility - both batteries are in perfect health.

I don't want to press everytime reset button when I want to charge, or simply put on power my laptop.

Laptop is still in warranty, but I see it as last thing, which I would do to repair my laptop.

- I'm starting my third semester on technology university in 20 days, and I have to use laptop practicaly everyday.

I figured out, that everytime, when the laptop can't be charged, I connect and disconnect power cord, the green led flashes triple times, so it sees it somehow.

I would ask if there is a way to repair this power problem.

Thanks for reading and replying to my problem.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete