Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

0 Posts

02-06-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 11 of 13

Re: T470 power bridge wired battery discharging order, always internal battery first

2020-02-06, 4:13 AM

What I found out is that T470 is using a new algorithm which checks the wear level of each battery and first discharges the battery which is worn the least.  This makes sure that the two batteries wear out evenly and maximizes the lifespan of both batteries.  This behavior is different than T460 and earlier systems which always discharge the removable battery first.

I realise that this is an old thread, replying to it to again ask for this issue to be rectified.

I bought a T480 even though the T490 is available, specifically for the external battery and under the expectation that the easily replaceable external battery could be discharged first in order to extend the service life of the internal battery. Having the internal battery discharge first makes absolutely no sense to me- I can understand the point of maximising lifespan across two batteries, but disagree with it. When one battery is an easily replaced external component, it is better to consistently wear that down first.

Options

Re: T470 power bridge wired battery discharging order, always internal battery first

2020-02-18, 12:39 PM

I'm in the same boat. Bought t480 instead of t490 only because of the bridge battery and this new setting is crazy. It always discharge the internal battery first and then external battery. Not sure what lenovo engineers thinking

I'm searching everywhere like crazy to fix this issue  and send message to lenovo twitter account. Multiple guys appearing and telling  so many things and pointing me to forums. but no one officially telling this fixable or not

extremely disappointed for the decision that I made to choose Lenovo. Someone please fix / update this issue

Options

3 Posts

05-05-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 13 of 13

Re:T470 power bridge wired battery discharging order, always internal battery first

2021-05-05, 14:19 PM

Bump

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms