Options

2 Posts

01-10-2021

GB

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 2

T470p Won't Charge while Turned On. Previously repaired.

2021-01-10, 16:18 PM

Really need some help/advise or if anyone has received help from Lenovo on out of warranty machines.

I've had the issue before on my T470p, eventually had to sent to Lenovo under warranty for them to replace the motherboard. Now, maybe a year later, the issue has come back all of the sudden with no warning.

Lenovo also, before asking me to send the laptop for repair, sent me a new battery to test. The following issues happen with both batteries and different chargers.

- Laptop WILL NOT boot if battery installed and battery is at 0%, with AC adapter plugged in.

-Laptop WILL boot if AC adapter plugged in and battery disconnected.

-Laptop turns off immediately if 0% charge state battery installed whilst running off AC power as this causes the AC adapter to not be recognised.

-Laptop WILL charge if turned off and connected to AC adapter. (No orange light though).

I have tried putting laptop in aeroplane mode, lowering screen brightness, setting laptop to best battery settings and then limiting max CPU speed to 30% to see if the issues happen even if laptop power consumption is minimised.

My laptop is now out of warranty and I also have a yoga which won't charge now, that had intermittent issues before the warranty period expired but I couldn't be without my laptop. Not not working at all I'm stuck with 2 lenovo laptops with power issues out of warranty. I'll get in touch with Lenovo to see if there's anything they can do but I can't be without a laptop as I own a business. Not sure what to do. There are clearly serious design problems with at least some of these computers, which are otherwise excellent. Three family members have bought consumer grade lenovo laptops based on my recommendations and they are all fine.

Thanks

Sam

Options

1939 Posts

08-02-2018

US

705 Signins

10736 Page Views

• Views: 10736
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:T470p Won't Charge while Turned On. Previously repaired.

2021-01-12, 21:37 PM

Hi Saminvent!

Greetings,

Try uninstalling the battery driver from the device manager and restart the computer. If the issue is the same, try updating the firmware or the BIOS manually here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t470p/downloads/driver-list/component?name=BIOS%2FUEFI as well as the Power management: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t470p/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Power%20Management. 

Let us know how it goes.

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms