Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2900 Posts

06-13-2013

United States of America

11452 Signins

62946 Page Views

• Views: 62946
  • Message 11 of 15

Re:T480 - Can not install Lenovo Vantage properly

2021-10-13, 21:51 PM

Regarding Lenovo Vantage...

The old (pale blue icon) "Lenovo Vantage" has been withdrawn. This was typically pre-installed on Lenovo machines. But it is now obsolete.

There is a new "Lenovo Commercial Vantage"  (with a new red Lenovo icon) which is the currently supported new version of the product. Click on the "application and deployment guide" URL link on that page, to download the installer ZIP package.

For sure you should deploy the new Commercial Vantage product as it is now the supported version (and compatible with MS's Win10 changes in 21H1, as well as with the new Win11 and 21H2). Since the toolbar icon of the old Vantage is no longer supported by Microsoft, if you want an easy quick way to launch the new Commercial Vantage you simply must "pin to taskbar" for the new red logo item, and manually launch it that way with single-click off of the taskbar. Otherwise you can always just launch it from the Windows Start menu.

NOTE: when you unzip the Commercial Vantage installer package (downloaded from the above URL), there is an "uninstall- Vantage-v8" folder, and inside of it is an UNINSTALL.BAT file that you should "run as administrator" to remove the old Vantage product. Then reboot.

After rebooting, go to the LenovoCommercialVantage_10.2109.5.0_v2 folder and you should "run as administrator" the SETUP-COMMERCIAL-VANTAGE.BAT file to install the new Commercial Vantage product. I'd suggest rebooting.

You can then run Lenovo Commercial Vantage and push the "check for system updates" button in the upper right corner. Install the important updates which are presented. This will ensure that the latest versions of any remaining drivers and software appropriate for your machine.

I would also recommend going into the Battery Settings of Lenovo Commercial Vantage, and activating the "charge threshhold" lower and upper limits. I use 80% as the low limit and 95% as the high limit, on my own P70 and W530 and T495, as well as a P73 and P17 I've configured for friends. These values cause charging to occur whenever the power charger is plugged back in and then only if the current battery charge value is below 80%. Charging will then commence, and continue as long as the charger is still plugged in until the battery charge value reaches 95% at which time charging stops. For any current charge level between 80% and 95%, no charging will occur even with the charger plugged in.

Options

7 Posts

10-13-2021

Viet Nam

8 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 12 of 15

2021-10-14, 3:39 AM

Commercial Vantage throw this error at me when started, looks like I don't meet requirement to run it

Options

2900 Posts

06-13-2013

United States of America

11452 Signins

62946 Page Views

• Message 13 of 15

2021-10-14, 5:17 AM

Please provide more specific details about your machine. Windows version, BIOS version, machine model/type.

To the best of my knowledge (and according to that Lenovo FAQ page) the old "blue" Lenovo Vantage has been withdrawn. The new Lenovo Commercial Vantage is what is now available and supported.

But, maybe there's more to the story. Your details will be important to find out what's going on here.

Options

7 Posts

10-13-2021

Viet Nam

8 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 14 of 15

2021-10-14, 7:07 AM

Thanks for the reply DSperber, actually its kinda on/off kind of a case since it was running fine the other day then suddenly stop working on me, dxdiag log was included for reference, thanks again

@ DSperber wrote:

Please provide more specific details about your machine. Windows version, BIOS version, machine model/type.

To the best of my knowledge (and according to that Lenovo FAQ page) the old "blue" Lenovo Vantage has been withdrawn. The new Lenovo Commercial Vantage is what is now available and supported.

But, maybe there's more to the story. Your details will be important to find out what's going on here.

Options

2900 Posts

06-13-2013

United States of America

11452 Signins

62946 Page Views

• Message 15 of 15

2021-10-14, 8:18 AM

Well, your machine is model 81UH. I believe that is an IdeaPad Legion Y740 (Gaming laptop), which is not a Thinkpad. So technically you're actually posting in the wrong community forum.

So the correct forum for your machine is actually over here.

But as to whether Lenovo Commercial Vantage is usable on a Y740 running Windows 11 as yours is, well I suppose you've now discovered for yourself that the answer appears for the moment to be NO.

As to whether or not this is the expected result, well I don't know. For sure with Thinkpad machines the new Lenovo Commercial Vantage is the now supported product both for Win10 and Win11. I have no idea what the story is for the Y740.

This appears to be the FAQ page for Lenovo Vantage and the Y740. Doesn't mention Windows 11. It also has the "blue" logo. This is the older Vantage which has been withdrawn at least for Thinkpads.

Looking at the IdeaPad forum for your Y740, it looks like there already is another existing thread just recently started about the same topic, namely that Lenovo Vantage is not working under Win11 although it was working under Win10. Again, posting about this issue here in the Thinkpad forum is incorrect so I suggest you instead re-post your story and comments to that other existing thready over in the proper Y740 forum.

Sorry I can't really help any further. I know nothing about the Y740.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)