09-04-2020

US

7 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

T490 Audio Not Working After Upgrade

2020-09-05, 0:03 AM

There are several posts about T490 audio drivers not being enabled after a BIOS or Windows update. I've been wrestling with the issue for several weeks now and finally solved it (almost).

I finally found the correct device in Device Manager for which to update the driver to [High Definition Audio Device]. (A common recommendation in threads)

But after using Lenovo Vantage then to update drivers, it installed the latest RealTek Audio Drivers, and that overwrote the fix I did and reverted back to ... NOT WORKING.

I'm not sure if this will apply to anyone else, but am passing along in case it does.

After the Lenovo Vantage update today, sound was not working again.

In Device Manager:

and

I went into [Inter(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller] and updated the driver.

Update Driver -> Browse My Computer -> Let Me Pick -> choose [High Definition Audio Device].

Result: the two Intel Smart Sound devices disappear (one enabled, one not), and then all of the sound devices appear:

And - most importantly - sound works!

I looking for a way to disable Lenovo Vantage from overriding again. (That's the 'almost' part from the beginning)

But in the meantime, I'm hoping this might help others.

Options

29 Posts

03-09-2015

IN

20 Signins

165 Page Views

• Views: 165
  • Message 2 of 2

T490 Audio Not Working After Upgrade

2020-09-09, 13:27 PM
Thanks for this! But the issue is, the sound quality and especially the mic quality is deteriorated after doing this. I heard a lot of people complaining that they weren't able to hear me.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete