Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

10-22-2008

Georgetown, TX

10 Signins

104 Page Views

• Views: 104
  • Message 1 of 2

T500 Printing problems

2008-11-15, 21:36 PM

Latest problem: Basic printing. I will print a document over the net work OR directly connected (USB) to a printer, then the next time I try to print, it may or may not. I have gone through the Vista control and made sure that it still finds and lists the printer as default, or gone through the network, printer sharing, etc. and verified that all is as before, rebooted and still nothing. Any suggestions? Please don't say that "Ignorance is no excuse" as I saw in another topic's answers.

This feels like the Wireless connection problems, where it will simply lose the connection and need complete reconfiguration to establish the connection again. At least it doesn't hibernate and need rebooting to wake up anymore, but I essentially had to set it to NEVER hibernate even after downloading the new drivers.

This T500 has been an unreliable pain in the ass. Maybe if I were a computer pro I could go in an try to fix every thing that doesn't work. But really, should we need to? All this money spent for something that keeps giving problems, and tech support pleading ingorance.

Options

96 Posts

08-19-2008

United States

123 Signins

1632 Page Views

• Views: 1632
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: T500 Printing problems

2008-11-15, 23:45 PM
If its your work network, I would suggest having your LAN adminstartor help you, becuase you are probably using a company image and have to have certain rights to access shared resources.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ignorance is no excuse!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms