Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

10-22-2008

Georgetown, TX

10 Signins

104 Page Views

• Views: 104
  • Message 1 of 3

T500 Woes

2008-11-25, 19:11 PM

Well, I seem to be one of those who received a lemon T500. It has had one problem after another, from BSOD, to connection problems, to inoperable ThinkVantage programs, to bugs in Vista, to BlueTooth problems, to system crash, NONE of which have been resolvable by the service folks despite hours on the phone with them nearly every day.  For almost two weeks, we have been trying to get some resolution from Lenovo. At first, we were hoping that they could figure out how to make it work. But at each stage, we were told that yet another person had to be the one to handle this, that they would call us. But so far, only one person has called back that said they would, him passing it on to another person, whose call I am supposed to wait for. Again. Simple courtesy would have managed to keep us on board with Lenovo, but now we are just frustrated and angry, never wanting to touch another Lenovo product.

Sorry for the rant, but those looking to buy by reading forums such as this, as I did, need to get both the good and the bad stories. And Lenovo has chosen to NOT print my review of the computer(which simply enumerated the problem list with this unit and wasn't a rant), so the new buyer isn't going to get a fair picture there. (My wishful thinking is that Maybe if one of the Lenovo folks out there will read this, they will call and try to get back this former ThinkPad-loving customer.)

Options

4169 Posts

11-20-2007

United States of America

23525 Signins

803315 Page Views

• Views: 803315
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: T500 Woes

2008-11-25, 21:50 PM

jrh1 wrote:

And Lenovo has chosen to NOT print my review of the computer(which simply enumerated the problem list with this unit and wasn't a rant), so the new buyer isn't going to get a fair picture there.

What review?  I just looked at your profile, and all four of your messages are still in public boards and should be visible.  None of them was a review.

Message Edited by nonny on 11-25-2008 04:51 PM

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

8 Posts

10-22-2008

Georgetown, TX

10 Signins

104 Page Views

• Views: 104
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: T500 Woes

2008-11-25, 22:46 PM

Review was done in response to the email received from Lenovo which enters one in their contest, not in this forum. The review input area was entered as one would who is on the website:Products-T series-T500-Select a Model-Write a Review section.

And by the way, someone has now called back, but nothing yet resolved, again awaiting a call.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms