2 Posts

11-06-2012

1 Signins

8 Page Views

• Message 1 of 2

T500 not charging

2012-11-06, 4:28 AM

Hello all,

I've had a problem with my Thinkpad T500. I plug in my laptop, and it does not charge. Currently, it is at 13%- it does not decrease in percentage, but it doesn't increase, either. If I take out the battery, my computer still works, so I've isolated it to the battery's fault. I've tried restarting and resetting my battery (it just stops and doesn't charge), and nothing seems to work. This happened about a month ago, and somehow it started charging again, but I forgot how I did that...

Has anyone else had this problem before? I'd really rather find a solution than get a new battery- mine is relatively new, a little over one year old.

Thanks all!

Options

2 Posts

10-02-2012

Canada

2 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: T500 not charging

2012-11-07, 17:34 PM

I have the same problem. Changed batteries, changed power adapters, used a docking station instead of AC adapter, reinstalled the OS and still experiencing the problem. Battery life does not go down or up, says 'Plugged in, Not Charging'.

I am assuming hardware issue... however I would still like to try to fix it. Where would I start if it was hardware issue? Connectors? Motherboard?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms