Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

35 Posts

10-22-2009

United States

31 Signins

386 Page Views

• Views: 386
  • Message 1 of 4

T500 wakes up from sleep when power supply removed

2010-03-03, 2:26 AM

I have a T500 with Windows 7.  I have it set so that it goes to sleep when the lid is put down.  I've noticed that whenever I unplug the power supply when the computer is sleeping, it automatically beeps and wakes up from sleep!

Has anyone run into this problem?  I would like the computer to stay in sleep mode when I remove the AC adaptor.  I tried looking at my power management options and also did some research online, but I couldn't find anything helpful.

Any guidance would be highly appreciated!

Options

15 Posts

02-23-2010

Ireland

46 Signins

217 Page Views

• Views: 217
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: T500 wakes up from sleep when power supply removed

2010-03-04, 0:01 AM

Most likely, some task is set to start automatically when you change from mains to battery power.

Try to click 'Administration' in 'Control Panel', then double-click 'Computer Administration' (I use Danish Win7, the exact terms might be a little different in English Win7), then double-click 'Task Management'.

You can expand the (annoyingly) small window, and double-click the 'Active tasks' bar at the bottom of the window. This will show you a long list of automatic tasks in Win7.  You can find the task(s) set to go off when the power changes.

If you double-click a task you'll find a number of details about this specific task. You'll also find a button to your right that will make it easy to deactivate the task. (I've just found all this out myself a few days ago. I have yet to learn to to change the settings for what triggers a task if you don't want to completely deactivate it.)

Hope everything goes well,

Chris

Options

35 Posts

10-22-2009

United States

31 Signins

386 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2010-03-04, 4:29 AM

Chris, thanks for your reply.  I tried following your instructions, but (maybe because I have the American version of Windows 7) I couldn't find the settings you mentioned.

If anyone else has any further recommendations, please share.

Options

35 Posts

10-22-2009

United States

31 Signins

386 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2010-03-12, 1:08 AM

I still haven't found a solution to my problem.  Can anyone help?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms