11-21-2011

United States

2 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 1 of 2

T510 - Issues w/Integrated Camera and Scanning

2011-11-21, 19:27 PM
Issue experienced is the following: T510 w/ Integrated Camera running Windows XP SP3. Website that users have to utilize has a scanning function to submit documents straight from the USB attached scanner directly to the website. I have tested this function and it was worked on 2 different models of D3ll desktops and on a D3ll Latitude w/o issue. When attempting to scan from the Lenovo T510 it automatically tries to use the integrated camera on the laptop. I have disable the camera in DM, uninstalling from DM and also disabling the camera in BIOS (latest version 1.47). Going to the site and attempting direct scan now shows popup error window asking to enable the camera. Called tech support and explained, only other offer they had was to clear IE history, cache, etc. Completed that and rebooted system again, still receive the error requesting to enable the camera. Is there somewhere within registry editor or anywhere else where I can make the USB attached scanner the default so it will use the attached scanner instead of the integrated camera?
Options

2446 Posts

04-11-2011

Malaysia

1300 Signins

16673 Page Views

• Views: 16673
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: T510 - Issues w/Integrated Camera and Scanning

2011-11-29, 3:55 AM
hey GregM,

welcome to the forums.

since this is a third party website, we suggest that you contact with the admins and check with them if their site has any known issue with the cameras provided by Lenovo.

I do believe that your unit's camera works well for other things such as skype, etc.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete