Options

3 Posts

02-16-2012

USA

3 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 1 of 3

T510: Service shipped the wrong parts??! Where can I complain?

2012-02-16, 3:55 AM
I own a t510 that is under warranty, 3 weeks ago it was determined both by the lenovo in person tech and the over the phone tech:

-The wrong system board was ordered by the lenovo tech when the initial problem occurred
- The wrong system board was installed by them.
- The Nvidia graphics card is currently missing, noone is sure why.
- The palm rest does not click in properly
- The touch pad does not work.
- The hard drive came but there is no Windows 7 Pro Recovery CDs so could not install that.
- No BIOS or OS

After getting off of the phone with the phone tech, and the in person tech everyone was very frustrated. Most said they "wish they could do something more" but their "hands were tied." Which leaves me in a horrible position. I had a working computer (with a few glitches ) and now I have a complete brick. I am absolutely livid about how that week has gone especially in terms of Lenovomaking things right. It is sad that a company as esteemed as IBM has now turned into this. I believe we will slowly shift my entire company's fleet away from Lenovo, and further more will use this as a flagship example to our clients and frends who are large buyers in the healthcare and auto sectors.

The techs said they are going to try to order some parts and I can install them when they come, I cancelled 3 flights and 3 days of meetings now as a result of these issues.  And ended up having to buy a new computer and leave town the next day when the parts didn't show up on time. Also if history is any indication I expect some part to come and that may or may not solve my issues, and may or may not have ever even supposed to be a part of this computer.

When I bought this computer I bought it with specific parts for specific reasons. The solutiions lenovo has given me have left me with a frankenstein machine that doesn't function. This is all for a machine less than 11 months old.
To make matters worse I have so far been 0 for 4 in customer service reps calling me back, and 1 for 3 in getting someone to return an email. I was also told over the phone in not so many words that Lenovo would just wait until my warranty runs out so that they no longer have to worry about it. 

This laptop is my business, it is the heart & soul of what I need to make a livelihood everyday. For 3 weeks+ now I haven't had a email, phone call or any form of contact from anyone at Lenovo. I have not been offered a replacement laptop or some sort of remuneration. But what I do have, due to the actions of Lenovo techs and Lenovo phone tech support service and due to no fault of my own (The computer has been unfunctional since techs showed up) is a brick.   
I hoped Lenovo  would understand my frustrations and might do the right thing to make things right, but I have lost that hope slowly over the last 3 weeks.
Has anyone dealt with issues like this? Does anyone know how to navigate the poor lenovo customer service system? anybody heard of other companies which treat customers this poorly? Is there anything else I can do? Are lemons common with lenovo?
Moderator Note: Edited subject to match content.
Options

20 Posts

01-27-2012

Germany

39 Signins

381 Page Views

• Views: 381
  • Message 2 of 3

Betreff: Is Lenovo/Thinkpad The WORST Customer Service / Tech Product You Own? It is for me!

2012-02-16, 12:34 PM

Welcome to the club of "spareparts are currently an issue". ;)

Options

3 Posts

02-16-2012

USA

3 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 3 of 3

Betreff: Is Lenovo/Thinkpad The WORST Customer Service / Tech Product You Own? It is for me!

2012-02-19, 18:44 PM

I have officially called into technical support 5+ times, with a total hold/call time of 12 hours and 32 minutes. Noone in the "right" department has called me back and the one personwho gave me a direct number has been unreachable because the number doesn't work.

Unsure how to proceed. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete