Sout East England

38 Signins

248 Page Views

• Views: 248
  • Message 1 of 2

T510 completely dead.

2020-09-17, 12:30 PM

Hi,

I'm having a run of bad luck with my laptops at the moment. My P50 was recently bricked by a failed BIOS update, and while researching how to fix it, my old T510 appears to have died too.

It was happily running for several hours (on a docking station, but using the laptop screen and keyboard). I left it sitting idle for an hour or so, and when I came back to it, it was completely dead. I mean absolutely dead. No power/charge lights or anything. Pushing the power button does nothing. No flashes, beeps or fan action. I did notice that when docked, the green LED on the dock is flashing continuously, but pressing the dock power button does nothing. If I un-dock, the LED goes out. Re-dock and it starts flashing again.

I've tried a different power brick, so it's not that. Pulling the main battery and running on AC only does nothing. Pulling the main battery and pressing the power button 10 times at 1 second intervals, followed by a long press for about 30 seconds does nothing. It's the lack of even a charge light that confuses me.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ian.

Options

7 Posts

03-20-2010

Sout East England

38 Signins

248 Page Views

• Views: 248
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:T510 completely dead.

2020-09-17, 19:38 PM

Got home after work and noticed the power/charge LED was now on. It had been plugged into the second power brick all day. 

Pressed the power button, and it fired right up. Windows flagged that it wasn't properly shutdown last time, but I guess that's to be expected.

All looks good now though. I tried the original power brick, and that seems to be working fine, so I don't think that was the problem.

Ian.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete