Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

03-09-2013

San Bernardino, CA

7 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 1 of 1

T520 Battery Issues

2013-03-09, 23:56 PM

Hey everyone, I updated my T520 a few days ago in an attempt to clear up some USB port issues (still apparently unresolved) and a new issue has suddenly appeared (or rather, something has disappeared): my battery is no longer recognized by my system. Where the battery icon should be in my taskbar is only a grey symbol that reads "Battery not installed" when hovering over it with my cursor. Interestingly, if I remove the power cord the device continues to run. The smaller Power Plan battery level indicator on the taskbar continues to read the power level just fine, though.

I'm not sure what to make of this, or whether or not the issues are related, but I'm having strange issues trying to charge external devices (like my Kindle) too. The USB ports simply aren't recognized by the computer sometimes. As of this writing, my laptop just started to recognize the Kindle (after about 15 minutes of no recognition), but it won't charge the device.

My specifications:

Windows 7 Home Premium x64-bit

Intel i7-2760QM @ 2.40Ghz

8 GB RAM

BIOS Version/Date: LENOVO 8AET55WW (1.5), 11/24/2011

P.S. I included the BIOS info, because I've read some things indicating that it needs to be updated, but I've not yet done it because I'm a little unsure of the need to do so. Thanks, in advance!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms