Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-27-2014

Edmonton, AB

1 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 1 of 3

T530, Windows 8/8.1 Multiple Screen Random Automatic and Frequest Discontect/Re-connect

2014-02-27, 22:07 PM

I'm running 3 external monitors on a Lenovo T530 docked laptop. With Windows 7 on my previous lenovo T500 it was running perfectly. Since 'upgrading' (and I use the term loosely) my laptop and OS to Windows 8.1, at the most inopportune times, randomly and frequently throughout the work day, everyday, all the monitors will cut out, making the disconnected sound. They will briefly, maybe half a second consolidate all the open windows on the laptop that is docked with an illuminated screen, then go black and then all the monitors will turn back on, consolidating all the open windows on the one external monitor set as my default main monitor. Then I will continue working, moving all my windows back to where I want them, and it will randomly do it again, usually when I'm concentrating on something important. It's like it knows!

The same thing has happened with an external projector, though not with all projectors.  Sometimes it works fine with projectors.  

I have updated Windows, and all the graphics drivers and BIOS. And my business partner is having the exact same problem, with the exact same laptop and multiple monitor setup, so it's not isolated to my computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Options

2 Posts

01-15-2015

3 Signins

19 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

Re: T530, Windows 8/8.1 Multiple Screen Random Automatic and Frequest Discontect/Re-connect

2015-01-15, 19:44 PM

I am having this same issue with my T530. It just started a week or two back. Not trying to necropost but I didn't see an answer.

Options

4 Posts

05-08-2015

Czech Republic

11 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: T530, Windows 8/8.1 Multiple Screen Random Automatic and Frequest Discontect/Re-connect

2015-05-08, 17:35 PM

I think this was addressed with some BIOS or graphics driver update. I was however having trouble with application crashes when connected to multimonitor setup in specific conditions (without the internal display and with no VGA connection) and I solved it only just by installing an nvidia beta driver directly from nvidifa website, so you may try that as well (if you have the nvidia GPU).

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms