Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

40 Posts

10-31-2011

North Carolina

121 Signins

548 Page Views

• Views: 548
  • Message 141 of 338

Re: T530 wifi problem / WAN Miniport (Network monitor) #2 problem

2013-02-04, 15:18 PM

The wifi is still doing fine.  The BIOS update appears to have fixed the problem for me.

Options

35 Posts

12-09-2012

United States of America

104 Signins

623 Page Views

• Views: 623
  • Message 142 of 338

2013-02-04, 16:31 PM

I too have updated the BIOS.  Unfortunately, I'm still having the disconnect issues with WiFi.  It's been a long time since we've heard from you, Lenovo.  This day and age, consistent WiFi is--well---not exactly an optional luxury.  This is my first ThinkPad since about 2001 -- I had two Dell Latitudes before that.  I must say my "out of box" experience with Lenovo is not impressing me (this WiFi issue is only one of several quirky problems I'm having).

Options

3 Posts

01-14-2013

Sweden

9 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 143 of 338

2013-02-07, 9:07 AM

I have also updated the BIOS on my x1 Carbon purchased in December. I have also made a complete re-installation. But nothing helps - the wifi goes up and down, up and down. Very disturbing, especially on one of Lenovos top line machines - that did not come for free… Pls Lenovo Action!

Options

16 Posts

09-13-2010

Atlanta, GA

28 Signins

489 Page Views

• Views: 489
  • Message 144 of 338

2013-02-08, 21:48 PM

Helloooooo!

Lenovoooo! We have a problem!

Do you hear us? ANYBODY????

P.S. Brand new T530 with Win8 preinstalled! I did the "mistake" to update windows to the latest updates. VERY DISTURBING PROBLEM. Wifi up and down all the time! Sometimes I have to restart the machine in order to successfully connect again to my router.

Options

10 Posts

01-01-2013

New York

60 Signins

258 Page Views

• Views: 258
  • Message 145 of 338

2013-02-08, 22:39 PM

How many of you, who just purchased your machines within the last two months has called Lenovo support and started a service ticket?

I doubt they are obligated to respond to customer issues on the forums, especially this one, which seems to be affecting a lot of customer machines.  I would think that the only way to get resolution is to start a service ticket.

I bought my T530 in December and had the same issues as most everyone else here.  Same WIFI problems, installed the same Windows update, which caused even more issues.  Sent machine back mid-January.  They determined that there was an issue on the system board. 

Options

12 Posts

01-17-2013

USA,Peru,UK,and Ireland

26 Signins

214 Page Views

• Views: 214
  • Message 146 of 338

2013-02-09, 4:00 AM

Hi Guys,

I am running a W530 on Windows 8 with a full system backup on the 16 GB internal STHD. I had the very same problem with the WAN Miniport (Network monitor) #2 the day I took my laptop out of the box!

Last week I decided to try and fix it and I carried out the following tasks:

1. I backed up all my important files, including program files.
  2. I downloaded and  installed the latest BIOS, and updated my machine.
  3. I ran the Intel driver update tool available on the Intel website, this found three updates which I installed, restarting between each.
  4. I refreshed my machine, this is an option within the windows 8 settings, it keeps most of the files, settings and apps as they were, but deltas programmers.
  5. After this I ran the windows update, It downloaded half a GB of updates.
  6. I installed all these updates
  7. Reinstalled all 20 programmers I was running (3hours work!)
  8. then I restarted for the last time.

So far my WIFI is working excellent, I am getting signal in parts of my house I never had signal before, and no annoying dropouts.

However!!!! Now I have another similar caution symbol, and a notice USB host controller disabled, and it will not update... Looks like it might be another few hours work, but at least my WIFI works, and my USB's work too.

One other thing, windows saves a link to all the websites to download your programmers again which is quite handy.

Hope this might work for you guys.

Take care and read all the instructions when updating the BIOS it is very important that you this by the book!

O yes and lenovo thanks for nothing!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, did you try turning it on and off again, Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh did you check the battery, Ahhhhhhhhhhh it is broken send it in for a month and we will try and fix it.

No thanks I have work to do, and a powerful working computer is essential, that is why I spent $2000 dollars on what I believed was a good product.

Options

2029 Posts

12-02-2007

Australia

9435 Signins

247288 Page Views

• Views: 247288
  • Message 147 of 338

2013-02-09, 4:01 AM
------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
Options

1 Posts

02-09-2013

Finland

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 148 of 338

2013-02-09, 18:13 PM

wrote:

Hello. Has this problem with MbmLowExt 3 been resolved yet?

Is this a Lenovo problem, a windows 8 or Ericsson problem?

Hi all!

I have used all day with no sense error message during firmware update. Finally I managed to get FW update through and get device installed correctly.

What I did was:

1. extract firmware to a new location (WWANERFW1)

2. Uninstall and remove the driver for device MbmLowExt from Device Manager

3. started R8T02_CXP9018817_1_mupdater

SIM card was inserted (but locked) during the process.

I hope this can solve at least someones problem :)

-Antti-

Options

12 Posts

12-23-2012

USA

25 Signins

251 Page Views

• Views: 251
  • Message 149 of 338

2013-02-11, 15:13 PM

I have two tickets and a return box.  I had lenovo tech connect with my computer.  He updated lenovo software and adjusted my wifi to never turn off.  I removed a windows update that someone on this blog suggested.  Still having issues but not as often and usually an automatic troubleshooting computer problems fix and or reboot fixes it. 

Not the ideal situation, but I have to live with it for now becasue I specifically purchased this machine for this semesters' course load and I cannot afford the time to send it back to lenovo unless they send me a replacement first ...I need to use this machine for my school work or else I might as well quit school.  Other then this very frustrating problem, I very much like my T430.  I just simply do not have the time to waste in getting this issue totally resolved. 

tstach wrote:

How many of you, who just purchased your machines within the last two months has called Lenovo support and started a service ticket?

I doubt they are obligated to respond to customer issues on the forums, especially this one, which seems to be affecting a lot of customer machines.  I would think that the only way to get resolution is to start a service ticket.

I bought my T530 in December and had the same issues as most everyone else here.  Same WIFI problems, installed the same Windows update, which caused even more issues.  Sent machine back mid-January.  They determined that there was an issue on the system board. 

Options

16 Posts

09-13-2010

Atlanta, GA

28 Signins

489 Page Views

• Views: 489
  • Message 150 of 338

2013-02-11, 21:41 PM

wrote:

First of all, I doubt that this is a hardware problem. Check previous posts and you will see that almost EVERY thinkpad (i.e. T430, X1 carbon, L530, T520) with Win8 has this problem after windows update (specifically after installing KB2756872). So, do you believe that EVERY Thinkpad has issues with their system board? No, this is a software problem.

Secondly, right now I am abroad for business. I cannot start a service ticket. And I cannot send my machine to the local office since this is my business machine and I cannot work without it.

I couldn't live with this problem, so I did a system recovery. Right now everything is working fine, BUT I haven't installed ΚΒ2756872. OBVIOUSLY THIS ISN'T A SOLUTION!!!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms