10-16-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

T570 Won't Find nvme drive during clean win10 install

2020-10-16, 14:53 PM

So my old drive died, replaced under warranty and the new drive is installed.  It shows up fine in the BIOS, tests fine under diagnostics, boot to a cleanly made Win10 USB stick, no drives found when attempting to setup Windows 10.  I've tried different install media, recreated the USB stick, nothing.  Disabled various secure boot settings in the BIOS, reseeded the drive and adapter cable for giggles (even though the BIOS sees it fine), nothing.  I see several reports of this issue with this model but no fixes.  I'd like to get Win10 installed back on my laptop but am out of guesses.  Cloning the old drive isn't an option since it's dead so a clean Win10 setup is the only option (for Windows).

Solved! See the solution
Options

2 Posts

10-16-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:T570 Won't Find nvme drive during clean win10 install

2020-10-16, 15:02 PM

Going to answer this for anyone else who runs into this issue...

I used the USB install/boot drive, which naturally found no available drives, dropped to the repair option then to command prompt then ran a diskpart to see if the drive was found.  Indeed it was.  For giggles, I selected the nvme drive, then ran a clean to see if it would work (even though the drive was already clean of partitions).  It did.  Then I changed the c: drive (in this case, the temp drive letter for the USB stick's windows setup) and ran the setup.exe out of the command prompt window.  Low and behold, it now sees the drive.  Just FYI for anyone who runs into this weird issue.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete