07-07-2019

US

10 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 1 of 2

T590 not playing through external speakers

2019-07-07, 5:57 AM

I just got a T590 and started using it last week. I have two pairs of speakers, one (Harman Kardon) a little nicer than the other (Alans). When I first started using the laptop, I could play music using the Harman Kardon speakers just fine. A couple days in, I played music from the Alans speakers. After that, I tried to play music again from the HKs, but it won't work.

It's almost like the laptop thinks the HK speakers are a microphone. When I connected them, a little microphone icon appeared on the screen. Under the sound settings in the control panel, it showed both external speakers and an external microphone, and when I tried to play music, it would show that the volume of the external microphone was very high, and the volume of the external speakers on but very low. The sound coming though the speakers was soft, garbled, and mixed with a lot of noise. I got the same results with a pair of headphones. The Alans speakers still work.

In the Device Manager, my sound controller is "Realtek High Definition Audio(SST)". I have tried both disabling and re-enabling it, and uninstalling it and letting the computer reinstall, and downloading the driver from Lenovo and manually reinstalling. This did not fix the problem. It is the latest version (6.0.1.8673).

I saw in this post something about using a driver called "High Definition Audio Device" (the generic one from Windows?), but I didn't see that as an option when I tried to update the driver using available drivers on my computer. However, still in Device Manager, when I show hidden devices, I do see "High Definition Audio Device" but it's disabled because "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)". Is that a problem? Should it be connected?

More importantly, what do I do to get my Harman Kardon speakers working again with the laptop? It seems like I shouldn't need any special adapters, since they were working before just with the 3.5 mm jack.

Extra info that might be useful: I'm running Windows 10 Pro. The HK speakers still work fine with other devices. Before this, the laptop volume would sometimes randomly go up or down.

Options

3 Posts

07-07-2019

US

10 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: T590 not playing through external speakers

2019-07-10, 3:45 AM

...Anyone have an idea? Suggestions for other information to seek out?

Thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete