Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

12-03-2009

Boston

4 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 1 of 12

Terrible Lenovo customer service! Can anyone suggest who I can contact?

2009-12-14, 16:01 PM

I recently purchased a new T500. I received it just under four weeks ago. It was supposed to have been shipped with an ATT Gobi aircard. Instead of the ATT card, it was shipped with a Verizon aircard. I have been going in circles with Lenovo tech support, sales, and post-sales trying to get the ATT card shipped to me so I can replace the other card. Apparently the Lenovo organization is so segmented that one hand has no clue what the other is doing. I was told by a tech support rep three weeks ago that she was having the ATT card shipped to me. After not receiving it, I called back, insisted on speaking to a supervisor, and, after waiting over 30 minutes to reach one, he told me that tech support wasn't authorized to ship a card for a newly purchased system - it was, of course, a sales problem. He assured me that he would escalate the problem, and someone from the "hotline" would be getting back to me in 4-5 hours. Well, 4-5 hours turned in to 26 hours with still no word from anyone at Lenovo. I finally reached the supervisor again (ten days ago), and after being put on hold for a total of 2 hours that afternoon, he transferred me to sales, and they transferred me to post-sales. I spoke to someone in post-sales who told me that they would be shipping the aircard to me. Naturally, it still hasn't arrived.

Can anyone suggest someone in the Lenovo organization who I can contact who 1) knows what they're doing, and 2) can get the correct aircard sent to me? I'm at the point where I'd just like to send back my laptop and go to a vendor that has it's act together.

Thanks,

Very Frustrated

Options

114 Posts

05-31-2009

Barcelona

288 Signins

1541 Page Views

• Views: 1541
  • Message 2 of 12

Re: Terrible Lenovo customer service! Can anyone suggest who I can contact?

2009-12-16, 8:28 AM
I got helped twice (got a free keyboard replacement (bug known ehere) and got set of recovery dvd's) by simply putting my request in their web-based support platform ..... it took 3 days, ..... amazing !!! Regarding support, again and again LENOVO !!! P.S. Patriots, GO !!!
Options

289 Posts

11-28-2007

United States of America

412 Signins

9231 Page Views

• Views: 9231
  • Message 3 of 12

2009-12-16, 14:21 PM

Ok, first of all, the GOBI card IS the Verizon card. So did you order the AT&T card or the GOBI card?  AT&T is going to be supported on the GOBI 2000 card (start shipping in 2010), but not on the currently shipping GOBI 1000 card.

It sounds like you really wanted the Ericsson AT&T card (Part Number 43Y6537).

I presume you orderd this online.  I would suggest call here: 866-96-THINK (84465)  and be sure to have your order number and hopefully they can clear it up.

Options

4 Posts

12-03-2009

Boston

4 Signins

46 Page Views

• Message 4 of 12

2009-12-16, 14:47 PM

Thanks for your reply. The card that I ordered was the INTEGATNTGOBI1MOB.BROA.3G, part #45M3150. Instead of receiving my laptop with this card, they sent my system with a Qualcomm card. So every time I try to initialize my mobile broadband card, I get a Verizon window that pops up.

What I was told yesterday - after my case was finally escalated to a senior supervisor - was that the card is built into the mother board. There's no way to swap one card for another card. So they're refunding me the incremental cost of the card I had ordered. Unless I decide to switch from ATT to Verizon as my wireless broadband service company, I'll need to use an external USB card for that purpose.

Options

1 Posts

01-20-2010

New York

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 5 of 12

2010-01-20, 13:38 PM

Can't agree with you more... I have now sent in my laptop 3 times in the past week - they keep telling me they've fixed the problem but it keeps coming back with the same problem OR they've added a problem to it.  The last one - they replaced my XP with Vista and now they have the audacity to tell me that the laptop came with Vista originally!!  And try getting someone with half a brain on the phone... good luck.  I'm quickly becoming a Mac fan... my Mac desktop has given me zero problems!

Options

9348 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

78091 Signins

2243795 Page Views

• Views: 2243795
  • Message 6 of 12

2010-01-20, 15:38 PM

wrote:

What I was told yesterday - after my case was finally escalated to a senior supervisor - was that the card is built into the mother board. There's no way to swap one card for another card. So they're refunding me the incremental cost of the card I had ordered. Unless I decide to switch from ATT to Verizon as my wireless broadband service company, I'll need to use an external USB card for that purpose.

They aren't replacing the laptop with one w/the correct part installed?  Why not????

As an aside (sort of) my experience with Lenovo ThinkPad support has been pretty good.  A little tough getting a timely call back maybe, but eventual resolution.  This has always been handled by IBM support in Atlanta, but it's been a while since I needed them.

I recently purchased an IdeaPad for my son and needed support to sort out  a warranty registrations issue.  IP support seems to be in the Philipines these days.  Sorry to say but those poor folks were absolutely clueless.

When I asked repeatedly about recovery media, the "tech" kept offering to tell me how to flash the BIOS. (?!?)  I finally got past that and she said she was sending media.  She didn't.  As to the warranty issue, after multiple calls over a couple of weeks, another "tech" finally admitted that they were all so new, the supervisor didn't have the server password so he couldn't make the warranty changes.  Wow.

Has TP support also moved, or is it still IBM in Atlanta?  That might explain a lot.

I still like the product, but i sure hope support isn't going to *heck* in the proverbial hand basket.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

6 Posts

05-06-2009

arizona

4 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 7 of 12

2010-01-20, 21:22 PM

customer service from the philippines are no good.   When I called last year I get the folks in atlanta.  I hope they didn't outsource it to the philippines. 

Options

11 Posts

12-14-2009

United Kingdom

24 Signins

222 Page Views

• Views: 222
  • Message 8 of 12

2010-01-22, 10:42 AM

We have (soon to be 'had' I hope) a large account with them. As far as I can tell their support is a mish mash of script readers who's ultimate goal is to send you Recovery disks or ask you to run PC Doctor. I have so far logged twenty three calls with them in the last six months, and not had a single fix from them. Now, as the Technical Lead here at work I'm not going to be giving them easy problems, but I can't believe for a second that they are that unfamiliar with their own technology that they can't help with overy twenty issue.

I'm from the UK, and similarly, I've never spoken to a single person who had a 'British' accent. We actually put them on speakerphone now and whoever guesses which person answers it has to make the tea. It's the only satisfaction I get from calling them.

Options

4 Posts

12-03-2009

Boston

4 Signins

46 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2010-01-22, 14:26 PM

Thanks to all of you for your replies to my original post. After much hair pulling, teeth gnashing, and hours of time holding on the phone to speak to the "right" person, my call was forwarded to a senior supervisor. He informed me that the aircard I had ordered could not be swapped in and out - it was part of the motherboard apparently. So he refunded me the money for the card I had ordered.

Good luck to all of you. I hope you get some help with your support problems as well!

Options

2029 Posts

12-02-2007

Australia

9435 Signins

247288 Page Views

• Views: 247288
  • Message 10 of 12

2010-01-22, 22:42 PM

wrote:

We have (soon to be 'had' I hope) a large account with them.

In which case you have an account management contact to talk to....... :smileysurprised:

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms