Options

3 Posts

08-13-2020

Nigeria

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad Edge without Model Number In-scripted on the Laptop or Under the Battery Compartment!

2020-08-13, 13:22 PM

Good day Everyone,

Please I'm sorry if I have posted this in a wrong category, it took me a while to know I have been posted in wrong categories and I had to edit my post since there is no way to completely delete them. I don't know the model of my Lenovo, I know you would I am dumb, I totally accept this but this is the first time I am playing dump to this kind of issue.

I bought a used Lenovo PC which resembles Thinkpad Edge E520 and E525 so bad. When I got home to update all the drivers as usual, I could not see the model.

Although, this is the first time of dealing with Lenovo, I did everyting to find the model number but I keep seeing is System Manufacturer = Lenovo, System Model = 814M13G, BIOS = 8HET10WW(0.10)

I performed a clean installation with Wins8.1 and I could not get the wireless adapter to work again, I did everything with lots of guide from YouTube, Lenovo community and every other online source, right now I am back to using a USB wireless adapter which I am not happy..

I need someone to help me decide my Laptop model  because I can't even get Lenovo bridge to install on it. And I am on a verge of returning it in the next 24 hours. I have not been faced with these multiple challenges before.

A laptop with no model number written on it, and a weird System Model (814M13G), I even search for the weird number online and it is not returning something useful. As it is, I can't proceed to update the BIOS because I dont want to flash with wrong file.

This is one of my worst nightmare, please help

Options

6006 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

28710 Signins

1643668 Page Views

• Views: 1643668
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Thinkpad Edge without Model Number In-scripted on the Laptop or Under the Battery Compartment!

2020-08-14, 18:34 PM

@ Tangolistic wrote:

Good day Everyone,

Please I'm sorry if I have posted this in a wrong category, it took me a while to know I have been posted in wrong categories and I had to edit my post since there is no way to completely delete them. I don't know the model of my Lenovo, I know you would I am dumb, I totally accept this but this is the first time I am playing dump to this kind of issue.

I bought a used Lenovo PC which resembles Thinkpad Edge E520 and E525 so bad. When I got home to update all the drivers as usual, I could not see the model.

Although, this is the first time of dealing with Lenovo, I did everyting to find the model number but I keep seeing is System Manufacturer = Lenovo, System Model = 814M13G, BIOS = 8HET10WW(0.10)

I performed a clean installation with Wins8.1 and I could not get the wireless adapter to work again, I did everything with lots of guide from YouTube, Lenovo community and every other online source, right now I am back to using a USB wireless adapter which I am not happy..

I need someone to help me decide my Laptop model  because I can't even get Lenovo bridge to install on it. And I am on a verge of returning it in the next 24 hours. I have not been faced with these multiple challenges before.

A laptop with no model number written on it, and a weird System Model (814M13G), I even search for the weird number online and it is not returning something useful. As it is, I can't proceed to update the BIOS because I dont want to flash with wrong file.

This is one of my worst nightmare, please help

Good day and welcome to thew community.

I'm not finding any Lenovo machines with a Type #: 814M, so i'm not sure what the DirectX tool is keying in on.

Please try this: execute "msinfo32" from right-clicking the Start Menu button and selecting 'Run'. The 7th line down should show the system model identifier. Once we determine which machine you actually have, we can assist getting your thread into the proper location.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms