Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

01-26-2019

Peru

5 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad T14 AMD G1 strange behavior upon arrival

2021-03-30, 1:29 AM

Greetings,

received my Thinkpad T14 AMD G1 less than a month ago but have not been a good experience so far.

Upon starting it, Windows showed a blue screen, but it booted and I finished Windows 10 setup. Then every day I had at least a BSOD.

I made some space and installed Linux, first Pop_OS but had some problems, perhaps the kernel though I read that 5.8 is the minimum required to work. So I challenged myself with Arch Linux. The installation was without problems though, I have been having some problems with the browsers (Chrome, Firefox), certain tabs stopped working or the whole app shutdown. Also, had some problems while working (Development), quite peculiar errors like:

code Inconsistency detected by ld.so: ../sysdeps/x86_64/dl-machine.h: 546: elf_machine_rela_relative: Assertion `ELFW(R_TYPE) (reloc->r_info) == R_X86_64_RELATIVE' failed

Searched for diagnostic software and found something: Lenovo Diagnostics Windows: https://support.lenovo.com/dk/en/solutions/ht506581-lenovo-diagnostic-solutions-downloads

And tested the laptop. Got some bad news about the video card, of 10 tests, got 4 errors with test:

Extended Video Memory Test Failed (5s)
Message: Possible defective components: System board, Off-board video card

What is it about? What should I do to solve this problem? I bought the laptop for the legendary status of Thinkpad T series which made it perfect as a work laptop.

Thanks for any advice.

Answer
Options

3591 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

785 Signins

18582 Page Views

• Views: 18582

Re:Thinkpad T14 AMD G1 strange behavior upon arrival

2021-03-30, 9:54 AM

Hello gerbosan!

Greetings

Since there is already an error with the test, I would suggest you reaching out to support for further assistance. Provide the error code or the result.

You can reach them at: +51 1 6429172 or 0800 55 981. They are open: 9:00 - 18:00 Mon - Fri.

Regards

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

3591 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

785 Signins

18582 Page Views

• Views: 18582
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Thinkpad T14 AMD G1 strange behavior upon arrival

2021-03-30, 9:54 AM

Hello gerbosan!

Greetings

Since there is already an error with the test, I would suggest you reaching out to support for further assistance. Provide the error code or the result.

You can reach them at: +51 1 6429172 or 0800 55 981. They are open: 9:00 - 18:00 Mon - Fri.

Regards

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms