10-12-2020

RO

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad T14s / AMD Ryzen 7 - sleep study not showing % of battery

2020-10-17, 18:39 PM

Hello! Does anybody know why the powercfg sleep study does not display any of the % of battery?

Here's how it looks like:

The report was generated with powercfg /SleepStudy /output "C:\sleep_report.html".

I'm running a brand-new ThinkPad T14s / AMD Ryzen 7 and I am trying to figure out why the modern standby is consuming a lot of battery. Since the percentages are missing, I wonder if the rest of the sleep report is accurate.

It seems that the battery is properly detected by the system:

I also posted this on the Microsoft support forum a few days ago, but there's no answer to date. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. Using S3 sleep instead of modern standby is not an option either, as the audio driver fails to initialize after waking up, so I need to figure out what's draining the battery during S0. There's a different thread here for S3 sleep. 

Options

13 Posts

09-25-2020

DE

14 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Thinkpad T14s / AMD Ryzen 7 - sleep study not showing % of battery

2020-10-17, 21:18 PM

Hi, 

I have the T14 AMD Ryzen 7, I replaced "modern" sleep with S3 with no problem. "Modern" sleep seems to be very near to the ON state (and thus more energy consuming), I once caught the laptop with fan on, although it was in standby and cold.

The audio problem might be unrelated. You could try and switch to a different driver: device manager/sound controllers/Realtek/update driver/browse computer for drivers/let me pick from a list/Choose High Definition Audio Device.

Best regards, Jens

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete