Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

01-18-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

9 Signins

167 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 167
  • Message 11 of 12

Re: Thinkpad T500 Hinge/Lid repair?

2018-01-24, 10:54 AM

Hi

This problem seems to go on the more I try to get my Thinkpad Yoga Laptop sorted...we have one in for assessment at Lenovo who state they have never heard of the left hinge ever seizing and it is not heat related as they have never had that either. I have an identical laptop on my own desk with the lid frozen shut instead at 90degrees, luckily I can use it connected to a separate screen on my desk and a separate key board and mouse! It seems to be the left hinge in all cases where it seizes. Because we were a few months out of warranty they say no way will they repair we have been waiting just over 2.5 months and still no quote. We have appealed to UK CEO and whilst he as escalated it still no positive results on either machine.

We are now deciding whether just to cut our losses and go with an MS product with a 5 yr warranty instead of the 1 yr with Lenovo!

Very reluctant as my companies have been buying IBM/Lenovo since 1985...but as F.D. says time for a change!

As anyone out there experienced similar problems...did you have a UK contact that responded positively... can you supply their email address please? Many thanks in anticipation

Options

56 Posts

06-02-2008

United States of America

118 Signins

1025 Page Views

• Views: 1025
  • Message 12 of 12

Re: Thinkpad T500 Hinge/Lid repair?

2019-12-31, 14:50 PM

For the record: this is definitely a manufacturing defect - Lenovo bad, they should have known from the frequency of occurence. I had one W500 which had that same issue (left hinge torn off the base) and now a friend of mine got one of his T500 to lock and the left hinge area also is defective - for sure he didn't apply any special force...  - For sure neither of these laptops had fallen or something - they were docked!  These are not worth fixing now, still a shame. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asus LG5, Toshiba M3, HP nc4400, Thinkpad R50, T61, T61p, X200 Tablet, X230, MacBook Air, T410, W510, T430s, T450s, Surface Pro, Yoga 260, Thinkpad T10, ...
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms