Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

33 Posts

12-17-2016

Sweden

30 Signins

293 Page Views

• Views: 293
  • Message 1 of 2

Tip, how to fix the Bluetooth bug

2017-04-14, 17:22 PM

Hi,
I can just speak for the T460s and the T470s but the drivers that Lenovo provieds from there webbpage does have bugs and are 2 versions from the latest according to Intel.

The issue is that when you put your computer to sleep and then tries to wake it up it 'll not find the bluetooth devices in my case mouse and keyboard. It did not happen all the time but 2-5 times a day.
So I did start to take a look in the Event Viewer and I did find issues there for a exampel that the bluetooth card did stop to communicate etc with the bluetooth devices and also the Event ID 5010 on the WIFI/Bluetooth card.
And I could not belive that the card was broken so I did start to investigate, and as this issue only accured when I did have multi devices connected to bluetooth at the same time was also a clue that it was not a hardware issue.

So I did download the latest drivers for the bluetooth and I did install it and it did work, the issue was gone.

The version that Lenovo has is the 19.30.xx and the newest one from Intel is 19.50.xx.

Notice:
As this is a generic driver you should later on when lenovo has updated there drivers install Lenovos own drivers as they can modifiy there drivers to have special functions etc.
But for now I'll just use the generic ones as I want to use the keyboard and mouse without issue.

Here is the link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26667/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-Software-for-Windows-10?product=94150

Options

1 Posts

11-12-2016

Australia

4 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Tip, how to fix the Bluetooth bug

2017-07-22, 13:38 PM

Tried this and didn't work - My T460s Seems to think there's no Bluebooth adapter installed at all no matter what.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling multiple drivers (from the Official support page, as well as the generic Intel one), with no luck. Emailing support now, anyone else have ideas?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms