Options

2 Posts

09-09-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad T530: Unable to resolve 0271: Real-Time Clock Error and locked BIOS settings

2020-09-10, 6:20 AM

I just replaced the CMOS battery, turned it on, and it won't boot. It says: "0271: Real-Time Clock Error. Check Date and Time settings."@@I've been through every screen before boot; the Thinkpad configuration page, CMOS setup page, and there is no way to fix this. All the CMOS settings are disabled and grayed out, and there are no keys I can press that will change any setting- not even time and date and it won't reset to default settings. The only setting that will change is Startup > Boot Mode > Quick / Diagnostics, but it doesn't make any difference. I ran the diagnostics and it said everything was fine. I tried unplugging the AC adapter and removing the battery and pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds. No effect. I read there is no CMOS jumper in laptops. Does this mean the motherboard is bad? I read of a mention of the CMOS chip needing to be replaced but I could find no other information on the chip or how to replace it; not online or in the manual.@@I thought I'd check here before taking it to the shop; please share any solutions or insights. Thank you. By the way, the BIOS settings were locked before I had replaced the CMOS battery. The 0271 error message is new.

Options

2 Posts

09-09-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Thinkpad T530: Unable to resolve 0271: Real-Time Clock Error and locked BIOS settings

2020-09-10, 6:26 AM

Also I should point out the editor in this forum alters text that is pasted into it, removes formatting and inserts characters, and behaves poorly, not allowing typing or edits. I suppose I should make a different post for that.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete