Options

1 Posts

09-06-2020

SE

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 1

Unable to use two external monitors via Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Dock Pro on T480s.

2020-09-07, 10:34 AM

Hi,

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T480s for work, and a Lenovo Yoga C940-14IIL as my personal laptop. I have two 1440p displays.

When connecting my Thinkpad to my Thunderbolt 3 Dock, only one display output works. (The dock has one thunderbolt-port for video and one displayport. Both works with the Thinkpad, but not at once. 

My other Lenovo laptop can utilize both displays via the dock.

When connecting the dock to the USB-C instead of the Thunderbolt port I get picture on both displays, however resolution on one is lowered to 1080p, and of course the dock itself isn't working, so no USB devices nor Ethernet.

My workaround atm include using one of the displays connected to the rear usb-c port on the laptop, but I don't want to have to move the display cable between the laptop and the dock every time I switch computers. 

According to Lenovos specifications one of the ports is Thunderbolt 3, and it obviously works with the dock (i.e. sound/ethernet/usb), so why can't I use both displays? 

Off topic: The bios on my personal computer (the c940) doesn't allow me to change Thunderbolt security level.. Can you provide a bios update please? 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete