03-09-2013

Denmark

19 Signins

131 Page Views

• Views: 131
  • Message 1 of 5

Upgrade network card

2013-10-28, 18:50 PM

I have an T430U with the Intel 2230N wifi card. is there a possibility to upgrade to a different more stabile network card. I tried to install a different card from another Lenovo laptop, but i just prompted that the card was unrecognized.

Options

5 Posts

10-19-2013

NJ

6 Signins

52 Page Views

• Views: 52
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Upgrade network card

2013-10-28, 20:45 PM

I have a similar question. 

My network card is definitely less stable compared to that of my friends laptop.  When running applications that show connection stability, mine is always much worse than theirs, even while running under the same wifi.

Options

355 Posts

01-29-2013

Greece

1457 Signins

7841 Page Views

• Views: 7841
  • Message 3 of 5

2013-10-29, 0:09 AM

wrote:

I have an T430U with the Intel 2230N wifi card. is there a possibility to upgrade to a different more stabile network card. I tried to install a different card from another Lenovo laptop, but i just prompted that the card was unrecognized.

Hi there! I don't know if there is a more stable card you can install, supposedly Intel 2230N is a good adapter.

There is a whitelist permitting you to only install specific cards or better specific Lenovo FRUs. According to the drivers list for the T430U, there must be at least one card other than the Intel 2230N, the Realtek RTL8188CE. The FRU list for your machine also agrees. The FRU for this card is 60Y3249.

The funny thing is, the Intel 2230N is not mentioned in that list...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
Options

13 Posts

03-09-2013

Denmark

19 Signins

131 Page Views

• Views: 131
  • Message 4 of 5

2013-10-29, 9:30 AM

Thank you for the reply. The exact model number for my laptop is 3353 3MG. I am not sure what to do, I am experiencing very unstable network connections at home, and at school. MY home network has several other computers connected without problems, I have tried updating my access point without any success.

Options

355 Posts

01-29-2013

Greece

1457 Signins

7841 Page Views

• Views: 7841
  • Message 5 of 5

2013-10-29, 10:43 AM

In your place, I would first try to change the advanced power plan settings, set the wifi card to maximum performance, both when on battery and plugged in. I would also go to device manager, find the Intel 2230 N under Network adapters and double click on it to bring up the properties window. In the Advanced tab there must be a setting for transmission power. Set that to 100% if it is not already there.

If nothing changes, install drivers directly from Intel or older versions from the Lenovo Support.

As a last resort, I would buy another adapter. I found this adapter with the realtek chipset at ebay with a Lenovo FRU. It's really cheap, it must be in the whitelist of your machine.

Try the first step and report back, there may be an easy solution to your problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms