Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

315 Posts

02-21-2008

Singapore

577 Signins

3826 Page Views

• Views: 3826
  • Message 11 of 12

Re: Western Digital USB disk not recognised

2011-11-18, 3:09 AM

wrote:

Folks

thanks for all your help

what fixed this in the end, was going into device manager, click on universal serial bus controllers

and then choosing each USB Root Hub entry, right click , delete until I had none of these remaining

then re-booting

somehow this fixed the issue and the WD drive can be now used in windows explorer

thank you to everyone who helped, where would we be without the internet and imagine

trying to solve this before tim berners-lee

Good, at least I learn something new today too. I have been playing with these boxes since Apple //e time and each problem if I learnt to solve it, builds up experience and the next is easier to solve. Over the phone or internet it is much more difficult so it's sort of like a puzzle, sometimes it's fun for us to try to guess wats the 1 out of 1000 possibilities.

B-)

Options

2598 Posts

03-19-2009

Germany

5614 Signins

73478 Page Views

• Views: 73478
  • Message 12 of 12

Re: Western Digital USB disk not recognised

2011-11-18, 7:16 AM

It was one of the "fery few" cases, where the USB-driver was corrupted or conflicting with other ones. It also can be caused by plugging off the device before the hardware assistent had installed the driver completely.

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Coffee must be like women's eyes: deep black & shiny. ThinkPads have to be like men's feet: deep black & matte!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms