Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-14-2021

Denmark

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 3

Windows Hello Fingerprint doesn't work for T590

2021-04-14, 20:21 PM

Fingerprint sign-in has been working, but has now stopped working (believe it was a BIOS update but is not sure). The character of the problem has changed over time:

• Two times recreate PIN code due to errors/problems, after which it worked for a time, but one day fingerprint wasn't available anymore as sign-in option
  • In Sign-in options, Windows Hello Fingerprint appeared to be activated but wasn't. When I tried to remove fingerprint and add again, I got errors in the process of registering fingerprint, two different errors: One tehnical error (didn't log the details) and one where I was informed that the fingerprint was already registered (even though I had just removed it)
  • Reinstalled driver for fingerprint reader (Synaptics UWP WBDI) after which fingerprint started working again
  • Rebooted and fingerprint was lost again and only PIN worked
  • Reinstalled driver again - and now I can't turn on Windows Hello Fingerprint: Go to Sign-in options / Windows Hello Fingerprint / Set up / Get started  - sometimes I'm then asked for my PIN code, sometimes not, but nothing happens after that (I do not get to register fingerprint)

Any ideas?

Options

3684 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

791 Signins

19112 Page Views

• Views: 19112
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Windows Hello Fingerprint doesn't work for T590

2021-04-14, 21:53 PM

Hi LarsRH!

Welcome to community forums

Can you try running the Windows troubleshooter? 
-Type 'Troubleshoot' on the Search box --> Click Troubleshoot --> Scroll down & Click Hardware & Devices --> Click Run the Troubleshooter & follow on-screen directions --> Restart the computer.

If the issue is still present, 
-Uninstall the Lenovo Fingerprint manager under the list of programs then uninstall the fingerprint driver under the device manager.

Reinstall the driver and the BIOS as well: 

driver: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t590-type-20n4-20n5/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Fingerprint%20Reader

BIOS: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t590-type-20n4-20n5/downloads/driver-list/component?name=BIOS%2FUEFI

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

2 Posts

04-14-2021

Denmark

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Windows Hello Fingerprint doesn't work for T590

2021-04-16, 0:23 AM

Hi Jwes_Lenovo;

Thank you for answering. With regards to Troubleshoot I do not see that I have the described option to "Scroll down & Click Hardware & Devices". I've attached a screen-print - am I in the right place or have I gotten it wrong?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled according to advice, but no change in the situation. When updating BIOS I was informed that it was an older version than the existing.

Other ideas to what I can try?

Best regards
Lars
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms