Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

34 Posts

04-27-2011

San Francisco, CA

1698 Signins

1900 Page Views

• Views: 1900
  • Message 1 of 2

Wireless Network Activity = Audio Static/Lag

2011-05-29, 19:37 PM

Hi guys, I have an annoying issue that I am experiencing and I want to see if others are having it too, and if so maybe we can get it escalated to engineering.

Anytime I have moderate to heavy wireless network activity, my audio starts to crackle/drop out. I can recreate this by playing a song/movie and doing a speed test over wireless (about 20mbps for me). Another way I can recreate this is if I watch a video over a network location. The higher the bitrate the worse it becomes.

I investigated a bit further and loaded up the DPC Latency Checker tool which I'm sure some of you are familiar with. Sure enough, wireless network activity causes latency to jump up into the red and remain there for the remainder of the transfer or stream. As soon as network activity stops, back into the green like it should be.

Some specs:

T420s

Win 7 x64 Pro

i5-2520

Integrated Graphics

Intel 6300 Wireless Card

This happens with the latest Lenovo 14.0 drivers as well as Intel's latest 13.5.0.

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated.

Options

2484 Posts

04-11-2011

Malaysia

1300 Signins

16673 Page Views

• Views: 16673
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Wireless Network Activity = Audio Static/Lag

2011-06-01, 2:55 AM
hey antsh,

curious to know, the static/lag , does it happen if you have a network cable connected ?

At the same time, could you go to >> http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-77167

and ensure that the following drivers is up to date

Bios
Intel AMT
Networking: Wireless LAN

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms