08-11-2018

US

1 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 2

World of Warcraft ~ 60FPS ~ experience

2018-08-11, 2:14 AM

When I was first considering buying the T25 Anniversary edition, I wasn wondering how well it would run World of Warcraft and wasn't able to find any firm answers, so I'm posting my experience here.

I have the digital deluxe edition of World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (prepatch, not yet fully released as of this August 10th 2018 date).

I run my graphics setting on either the medium or low options. (example: low ground clutter)

The game downloaded and installed very quickly for WoW (thanks to the SSD in the T25).

I was hitting around / average 60 FPS and loaded into Dalaran with record speed. On my old machine, I had time to get a soda and a snack while waiting on Dalaran to load.

I did note the heat output cranked up significantly, so I ordered a cooling pad I will use when playing WoW.

I haven't yet tried it in a raid where there is a lot of heavy graphics action and flashy special effects, but so far, it's handling WoW nicely for a "business machine".

I can hear people chuckling now and saying "silly noob, you can't play WoW on a Thinkpad; get yourself a proper gaming machine"... but... I wanted a new laptop that could handle WoW for the one or two nights a week that I play.

Yes, I'm one of "those" people - I play now and then and don't live for game. 

And, for the record, I stick with 14" machines because don't like the off-balance keyboard situation in a laptop that has got a number pad on it. (Hint: Lenovo, please make an option for a 15" or 17" machine with the regular no-number-pad keyboard... you fans will love you for it). Most of my laptop use is literally on my lap so the off-center keyboard is a no-go.

So, World of Warcraft + T25 + slacker player = 60 FPS, and that's a signficant improvement over my 5 yr old desktop machine, and my older T440 (which wouldn't even install WoW).

I hope this helps anyone who may be wondering what I was.

Thank you.

Options

1456 Posts

06-08-2013

BE

2002 Signins

20058 Page Views

• Views: 20058
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: World of Warcraft ~ 60FPS ~ experience

2018-08-11, 5:15 AM

It will run on low or medium settings most likely. The graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce 940MX.

See below:
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/76459

Kind regards,

Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider, Windows Insider MVP

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Looking to buy a Lenovo machine? Find your country

Belgium | Canada | Finland | France | Germany | Netherlands | Sweden | U.K. | U.S.A.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms