Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

12-09-2008

USA

27 Signins

175 Page Views

• Views: 175
  • Message 1 of 3

evdo and wireless at the same time?

2009-12-15, 22:00 PM

Hi,

I cannot get my T500 to connect to the internet via internal mobile broadband card AND a local wireless network at the same time. When I connect to the wireless network (via Windows connection not thinkvantage) to use my printer or squeezebox, the internet connection disconnects.

I am using Windows wireless connection to the wireless instead of Thinkvantage. Soapbox: thinkvantage is too domineering. I can't control my own computer because thinkvantage is like Hal and just takes it over. That being said, I just updated to the most recent version in hopes that this wireless/mobile broadband problem would be resolved. But no, the evdo still drops when I connect to use the wireless.  It's not immediate - I might get 3 or 4 minutes of dual connectivity  but it ultimately drops the evdo every time.

I've picked the brains of the linksys folks. They gave it a really good effort. We went through all kinds of configuration gyrations but no luck. Here is that discussion if you want to review: http://forums.linksysbycisco.com/linksys/board/message?board.id=Wireless_Routers&thread.id=149718 .

Can anyone over here help me? Many many thanks in advance!

Options

289 Posts

11-28-2007

United States of America

412 Signins

9231 Page Views

• Views: 9231
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: evdo and wireless at the same time?

2009-12-16, 14:24 PM

So what are you using to connect with WWAN? VZAccess?  Did you uninstall Thinkvantage Access Connections?

If you aren't going to use Access Connections, you really need to remove it. 

Options

4 Posts

12-09-2008

USA

27 Signins

175 Page Views

• Views: 175
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: evdo and wireless at the same time?

2009-12-16, 15:22 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I am using thinkvantage to connect to WWAN. Vzaccess is really clunky. I suspect that this is the problem so I would like to connect to the wireless via thinkvantage. I realize I'm probably asking for a lot: use TV for one connection and Windows for another...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms